The simFlight Network Forums

Tower: Schedule Creator 24 V1 Released (Includes CYYZ)

dickparker

Hi Dick! 

Thank you so much for this tool! I am very excited to try and use it! 

I am currently having some minor issues. I have added all new airlines and airports, and have created a schedule for Boston as well a adding the new airlines to terminals. Unfortunately, when I open the game up, there is no traffic requesting departure or arrival after many minutes. I know that the schedule is working as there are now cargo planes at the terminal. Do you know if I maybe missed something when I was configuring the game? 

Thanks!

Hi Dick! 

Thank you so much for this tool! I am very excited to try and use it! 

I am currently having some minor issues. I have added all new airlines and airports, and have created a schedule for Boston as well a adding the new airlines to terminals. Unfortunately, when I open the game up, there is no traffic requesting departure or arrival after many minutes. I know that the schedule is working as there are now cargo planes at the terminal. Do you know if I maybe missed something when I was configuring the game? 

Thanks!

Send me a copy of the schedule file so I can check iit.

Are you running Tower as administrator?

Hi Dick,

Just tried it and it is now working! Thanks for reloading!

Question: You mentioned that flights are pulled from FlightAware. Is it a selection of flights or all flights? I've created a few schedules using both V17 and V19 and, as an example, I see that there are a few Iberia Express (I2, IBS) flights, but it is missing Iberia Airlines (IB, IBE) flights as well as Air Nostrum (YW, ANE).

Just curious. Thanks. Dom

I select all flights at a particular airport for 24 hours on a particular day.  Some of the data is old now and I have not had a chance to update all the airports.  Which airports contained the Iberia and Nostrum flights?  Both of those airlines are in the "Real Traffic" airlines database so if they were flying into an airport on the day I extracted the data, they should appear in the schedule.

Hi Dick,

I was just curious. Not that it needs to be fixed or anything.

It was Frankfurt airport. And since Iberia is a major European airline, I was surprised since there are both Iberia and Air Nostrum flights to Frankfurt.

Run as Administrator.  I do that ordinarily, but when I ran your new SC 19 V1 yesterday for KIAD traffic, in my excitement I inadvertently ran it without going through "Run as Administrator".  Can I fix this or do I need to?

Thanks for the new schedule, Dick.  It really puts the "onions in the gravy" for this simulation. 

Roy

Run as Administrator.  I do that ordinarily, but when I ran your new SC 19 V1 yesterday for KIAD traffic, in my excitement I inadvertently ran it without going through "Run as Administrator".  Can I fix this or do I need to?

Thanks for the new schedule, Dick.  It really puts the "onions in the gravy" for this simulation. 

Roy

If the schedule look ok, you are ok.  Of course, you can simply run SC 19 again using "run as administrator."  I never use the same schedule twice in a row...but that's just me.

You can set "run as administrator" permanently for an application.  Right-click on the SC 19 icon, go down the list to "properties" and click. Then, click the "compatibility" tab, then check the box labeled "Run this program as an administrator," then click "apply" and "OK".  Each time you run SC 19, it will run as administrator.  If and when SC 20 is released, you will have to do this again.

• 3 weeks later...

http://feelthere.com/en/product/1087_laguardia-klga-for-tower-2011.html

Thanks.  In the meantime, Is there a simple way to use the schedule that comes with the add-on, without having to uninstal-reinstal the whole sim?  Installing KLGA did not overwrite the SC schedule that was in Tower!2011 from the last time I used it.

Edited by Avwriter
added question

If you were using the Real Traffic schedule last time you ran the sim, then it should not be overwritten.  If you were using a SC schedule, then I would expect it to be overridden by the Real Traffic schedule.  But, maybe the creators of KLGA have changed things.  I guess I really do not know.  I have not gotten KLGA yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Dick,

I know that you said that you would be busy this summer, but are you planning to update SC for some of the newest airports and tracon sectors? This question is probably been asked a bunch of times. 

Thanks for the Mod, it really helps.

I keep thinking about it but my time is short this summer.  Leader of my golf organization, son getting married, visiting nine grandkids, family vacation in MI, etc.  I don't see any real break until October but who knows?  Maybe we will have a rainy week here sometime.  Thanks for asking.

I have not been keeping up lately:  what airports for Tower 2011 have been released that are not in SC 19?

21 minutes ago, dickparker said:

I keep thinking about it but my time is short this summer.  Leader of my golf organization, son getting married, visiting nine grandkids, family vacation in MI, etc.  I don't see any real break until October but who knows?  Maybe we will have a rainy week here sometime.  Thanks for asking.

I have not been keeping up lately:  what airports for Tower 2011 have been released that are not in SC 19?

KLGA, EGLL, KCLT