The simFlight Network Forums

Tower: Schedule Creator 24 V1 Released (Includes CYYZ)

dickparker

I'd also like to see KCLT. In the meantime, it is possible to create a schedule for another airport and then just find/replace one airport with another? For example find "PXH" and replace with "CLT" to at least give a better schedule?

Thanks for the great work Dick.

Marc

Yes, you could take any schedule and do a search/replace.  For example, PHX with CLT.  However, there may be airlines at PHX that do not have terminal assignments at CLT and thus will never show.  You could also edit the terminal file if you want to.

Attached is a schedule file I'm using for KLGA based on FlightAware from last Tuesday (I think). Feel free to use and abuse as you see fit.

Craig

Below are the flights per hour. The time (Hr) is local and will need to be adjusted for UTC. 

Hr    Arr    Dep    Tot
5    0      5     5 
6    4    37     41 
7    36    33     69 
8    37    42     79 
9      36    40     76 
10    40    34     74 
11    30    37     67 
12    33    32     65 
13    37    34     71 
14    36    35     71 
15    36    38     74 
16    39    30     69 
17    29    33     62 
18    34    37     71 
19    36    42     78 
20    31    21     52 
21    38    23     61 
22    19    1     20 
23    15    0     15 
Tot    566    554     1120 

schedule_KLGA_CAS.txt

Spoiler Alert:

I don't really know where to post this, but for those of you that bought Tower!3D and do not have Tower!2011, you can just buy Nyerges Real Traffic and Dick's Schedule Creator will work for KPHL and KLAX (only two that I tried) and generate a schedule.txt file that can be placed in the appropriate extensions folder as outlined in other posts in this forum.

No fancy insignia, but is does allow you to control the amount of aircraft per hour.

Thanks Dick

RickyJ

On 6/23/2016 at 2:15 PM, futureboy said:

Spoiler Alert:

I don't really know where to post this, but for those of you that bought Tower!3D and do not have Tower!2011, you can just buy Nyerges Real Traffic and Dick's Schedule Creator will work for KPHL and KLAX (only two that I tried) and generate a schedule.txt file that can be placed in the appropriate extensions folder as outlined in other posts in this forum.

No fancy insignia, but is does allow you to control the amount of aircraft per hour.

Thanks Dick

RickyJ

Thank you

Hi Dick,

thanks for the update to SC23, I love your schedule creator. I tried to create a schedule for LHR, but there seems to be a problem with the airport codes in the schedule.txt.

Looks like only the first character of the ICAO code has been cut instead of having the ICAO converted to the IATA code, see snippet from the file:

LHR, MKK, 388, MH,    1, 17:47, 16:47,  60, MH   from WMKK, should be KUL
 LHR, DDF, 320, LH,  919, 11:19, 10:19,  60, LH   from EDDF, should be FRA
 LHR, ICK, 320, EI,  725, 14:16, 13:16,  60, EI,     from EICK, should be ORK
etc.

Thanks for looking into it.

Best regards,
Timo

As I said in my notes, LHR is a beta until I get the airports worked out.  There are 104 airports in LHR that are not in Real Traffic.  I am trying to get to it and double-check everything.  Thanks.

Are you "running as administrator?"  Sometimes that causes problems.

1 hour ago, Flaps20 said:

Hi Dick,

thanks for the update to SC23, I love your schedule creator. I tried to create a schedule for LHR, but there seems to be a problem with the airport codes in the schedule.txt.

Looks like only the first character of the ICAO code has been cut instead of having the ICAO converted to the IATA code, see snippet from the file:

LHR, MKK, 388, MH,    1, 17:47, 16:47,  60, MH   from WMKK, should be KUL
 LHR, DDF, 320, LH,  919, 11:19, 10:19,  60, LH   from EDDF, should be FRA
 LHR, ICK, 320, EI,  725, 14:16, 13:16,  60, EI,     from EICK, should be ORK
etc.

Thanks for looking into it.

Best regards,
Timo

Could you send me the terminal assignment file for LHR by personal message?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

this is fantastic. job well done!

I was looking into making schedules based on data from flight aware. any tips or pointers on how to make the task less of a mountain and more like a hill? I saw another poster that mentioned using excel and working with the data but I noticed 1-flight aware uses ICAO and tower uses IATA, 2-times aren't UTC and 3-times are not 24 hours.

thanks!

Thanks. I have developed a way of copying the Flightaware data and then using a variety of databases in a C++ program to convert things into a format Schedule Creator can use to generate the schedules.  Schedule Creator does not use the real times but does use the real flight numbers and aircraft (insofar as Real Traffic contains the aircraft).

hmmm, the c++ program is something entirely new to me and wouldn't know how to do it.

could you explain something for me? for example, I create a schedule using your program for Frankfurt and it says there are some 600 unique flights and a handful of cargo flights. yet when I take a look Frankfurt's actual movements say for 2015, there's +1000 movements per day. why is that? *assuming the data your inserted into the creator is 2015?  

Schedule Creator does not contain any cargo flights (except NAC, FDX, and UPS), no charter flights, and no GA flights.  It is restricted to the data found in Real Traffic for airports and airplanes.  Any duplicate flight numbers are also eliminated.  And, the data I collect is for a single 24-hour period on whatever day I decided to do it.  The Real Traffic schedule contains about 1200 flights, but many of the airlines and destinations are no longer valid.  So, maybe I picked a slow day due to weather, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes.  Create a schedule for one of the Tower3D airports and then place it in the Tower3D/Extensions/Airfields/airport_name folder and rename it airport_name_schedule.txt.

For example, for LAX this would be Tower3D/Extensions/Airfields/KLAX/klax_schedule.txt.