The simFlight Network Forums

Tower: Schedule Creator 24 V1 Released (Includes CYYZ)

dickparker

Actually, from what I see on FlightAware the TIST schedule is relatively realistic ... at least from a daily flight volume perspective. Yesterday, for example, there were 45 departures and 44 arrivals for a total of 89 flights. In the FeelThere/Nyerges schedule there are 100 flights (50 dep/50 arr). Additionally, there are 60 GA flights (28 dep, 32 arr).

So, I would say a representative schedule (i.e., 100%) has been provided. And please note, I have shared my thoughts on this forum of the Nyerges schedules and they have been less than positive. However, the beauty of this sim is that we can modify the schedules to our liking (although we can't add new liveries and aircraft - which is another hot topic). And as I've shared with others, it is very easy to mod schedules.  

Another option is to go ahead and tackle the other airports and either choose non-peak times and/or adjust the traffic density slider. 

If you feel the above is too much work, send me a note with what you are looking for in a TIST schedule and I'll see what I can do for you.

Craig

6 hours ago, crbascott said:

Actually, from what I see on FlightAware the TIST schedule is relatively realistic ... at least from a daily flight volume perspective. Yesterday, for example, there were 45 departures and 44 arrivals for a total of 89 flights. In the FeelThere/Nyerges schedule there are 100 flights (50 dep/50 arr). Additionally, there are 60 GA flights (28 dep, 32 arr).

So, I would say a representative schedule (i.e., 100%) has been provided. And please note, I have shared my thoughts on this forum of the Nyerges schedules and they have been less than positive. However, the beauty of this sim is that we can modify the schedules to our liking (although we can't add new liveries and aircraft - which is another hot topic). And as I've shared with others, it is very easy to mod schedules.  

Another option is to go ahead and tackle the other airports and either choose non-peak times and/or adjust the traffic density slider. 

If you feel the above is too much work, send me a note with what you are looking for in a TIST schedule and I'll see what I can do for you.

Craig

Hi Craig, thank you for your response.

There certainly is not 100 flights at TIST in 3Dpro with the Nyerges schedule that I see (100% setting). There are no GA flights. I get the 1 Jet Blue arrival and 3 major (AAL/DAL/JBU) carrier departures in the morning. 3 or 4 minor carrier Cessna departures and a couple minor carrier Cessna arrivals until about 10:00-11:00am. That is it for the whole day, and I did not touch the schedule file. Flight Aware may be correct in the schedule they provide but it is not reflected in the sim. Maybe the actual schedule file is correct, but the program is not reading that file correctly.

Since it is so easy to mod schedules - why don't FeelThere/Nyerges do this? Since its so easy, surly we should be getting free quarterly updates to the schedules. Well you will find that FeelThere/Nyerges will disagree and that modifying the schedules is not so easy when you suggest that to them.

I know all my options, I'm actually trying to do this project a favor; your less than positive thoughts about Nyerges schedules are just 1 example of many other things that could be much better. The FeelThere & Nyerges relationship seems to need assistance of some kind as well.

Maybe there is a simple fix that I'm unaware of, but I have SP1a and I know for sure that I installed Real Traffic/Color correctly. I just bought this on 3/21/17 and would like to enjoy it, but so far its been more problems than fun. These problems are not the result of me not knowing ATC procedures - I know ATC procedures quite well, I fly for real. Maybe I just have to get used to the deficiencies that veteran FeelThere customers have been living with. It can be better though, you said it yourself, and its up to FeelThere/Nyerges to take action. The problem is, they wont listen to me. There is a focus on releasing more airports and that is understandable, but I'm new to this program/sim and TIST is where I should be practicing, this is my point.

If this were a $10 game, I would not have bought it in the first place or I would be completely thrilled with the quality. Since it's more like $70 with FeelThere/Nyerges combined, there is no doubt we should expect more, and by doing so we actually assist FeelThere/Nyerges whether they believe it or not.

Here's the hour-by-hour breakdown of the 100 flights in the schedule:

Hour Arr Dep Total
07 1 2 3
08 1 3 4
09 1 1 2
10 3 2 5
11 6 4 10
12 6 3 9
13 7 3 10
14 8 7 15
15 6 9 15
16 4 10 14
17 0 5 5
18 3 1 4
19 1 0 1
21 3 0 3
Total 50 50 100

If you're not seeing these flights (which does not include GA) I'd recommend posting your game.log (in a new thread) so FeelThere can investigate.

6 hours ago, crbascott said:

Here's the hour-by-hour breakdown of the 100 flights in the schedule:

Hour Arr Dep Total
07 1 2 3
08 1 3 4
09 1 1 2
10 3 2 5
11 6 4 10
12 6 3 9
13 7 3 10
14 8 7 15
15 6 9 15
16 4 10 14
17 0 5 5
18 3 1 4
19 1 0 1
21 3 0 3
Total 50 50 100

If you're not seeing these flights (which does not include GA) I'd recommend posting your game.log (in a new thread) so FeelThere can investigate.

Its very interesting.

I always started the shift at 04:00AM and the airport had a few planes on the terminals and ramps. The airport would be empty by 10-11 am and zero activity for the rest of the day.

Taking a clue from your posted schedule, I started the shift at 07:00AM and a world of difference, a very full ramp and terminal. The schedule remains active thru a few hours (until about 1300) and still not as busy as the schedule you list. 

A bug or just an accepted fact? 

At least I know my installation was/is ok and I'm not nuts. Something is amiss and I will see about this log and try to prove there is a problem that needs to be fixed.

Thank you for taking the time to post that schedule Craig, it contained the clue I needed.

Edited by pracines
new findings

I think the problem with TIST and possibly other airports is gate availability. In an attempt to see what you are experiencing, I started a session at 13:00 and all 11 parking spots were full. Well, what this means is that there will be no arrivals until spots free up. Which is what happened. I'd have a departure and then an arrival would show up, but some arrivals got skipped because no gate was a available.

So, I looked at the log and tried to figure out how the initial gates were allocated. I'm sure it's a tough algorithm to code but what I'm seeing is planes at the gate 3 hours in advance of their departure time. The most obvious example was JBU900 at gate 1. It had a departure time of 16:06. In reality this plane would not have even arrived at the airport yet.  

I've seen full gates as a problem before but never really dug into. It's a little clearer to me now what the cause is. Actually, what I've been doing is making smaller schedule files. For example, if I want to control starting at 13:00 I'll create a 3 hour schedule file that only has flights from 12:00 through 14:59. It works pretty well, but the airport can look/feel a little empty at times.

I'll post my findings in a new thread and we'll see what FeelThere can do - this might be a tough egg to crack.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/20/2016 at 9:49 AM, dickparker said:

I don't think that is a problem either.  I manually edited the schedule I posted to include 788 and 748 aircraft and Tower3D loaded and ran without problems.  But, you are correct, Schedule Creator 24 does not include the new aircraft because they were not in the original aircraft file for Tower 2011.  I will change that in the next version.

Not that I have any grounds to ask it of you (you have given so much to this community already, and it is much appreciated), but it would be really great of you could add these aircraft to SC soon, even if it was just in the form of a small update that did not cover new airports.  Best regards,

Andrew

It is not quite as simple as adding them to SC.  SC is based on actual flights at the airports and imports the destination, aircraft, flight number, etc.  So, I would have to redo the entire schedules and hope that some 788, 748 and 388 aircraft are captured.  It might be easier for you to make a schedule and then convert some of the 777 to 788, for example.  I don't know when I would have the time to redo 24 schedules from scratch.

Thanks for your compliment and interest.

1 hour ago, dickparker said:

It is not quite as simple as adding them to SC.  SC is based on actual flights at the airports and imports the destination, aircraft, flight number, etc.  So, I would have to redo the entire schedules and hope that some 788, 748 and 388 aircraft are captured.  It might be easier for you to make a schedule and then convert some of the 777 to 788, for example.  I don't know when I would have the time to redo 24 schedules from scratch.

Thanks for your compliment and interest.

Thanks Dick.  I look forward to whatever developments you have in store for SC.

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I have Tower 3d Pro, with Real Color LAX, and Real Traffic. It works great! When I downloaded Schedule Creator 24 V1 and created a schedule for KLAX with it, I have noticed that I loose the colors on the Allegiant Airlines jets. They're just plain white. Not sure if its affecting any other airline as well. When I go back to the original schedule for KLAX that came with the program, the colors return. Weird! Any ideas?

Just of the top of my head: different aircraft so no livery available...

If eg. Allegiant has an a320 in the original schedule then that specific plane will have the right color with RC installed.

If that flight in the Schedule Creator is flown with an a380 then RC will not have the proper colors available so you get a white plane. Comparing the two schedule files will show if that is the case...

If so you could change the Schedule Creator file to reflect the original one in aircraft type per airline....

Grtz

Willem

• 2 weeks later...

I have no current plans to update Schedule Creator.  What you can do is create an ATL schedule, and then do a search/replace (using Notepad, for example), and change all the AirTran codes to JetBlue codes.  Just be sure JetBlue is included in the terminal file or it will never appear if it has no place to park.

• 1 month later...

Awesome to see you are still active on this forum Dick Parker. Thank you so much for the traffic generator and it is a free download as well *thumbs up*. Have used it a lot in Tower! 2011 and I think I read correctly it also works in Tower! 3D? I don't wanne go buy Tower 3D if the traffic generator doesn't work there. You are giving the Tower game(s) so much more replayability.

@crbascott

I can understand the "no plans to update part". I don't mind having schedules created from a bit older data. Just bought the 3D release and going to try it out with a nice scenario created with schedule creator. I love how I can set it up for like 30 airplanes to train myself. The voice commands are killing me at the moment *smiles*. I'm so used to the Tower 2011 command structure which absolutely doesn't work in Tower3D. Just gotta get used to the <plane> <runway> <instruction> structure.

Enough rambling for now. Thanks again Dick Parker for your great work and crbascott for the friendly reply.

Edited by Carda1972
Spelling errors correction

Hello again, I ran into a little problem. I got the Tower!3D:Steam edition and it comes with the latest updates I hope.

Planes created with the schedule creator which are departing, spawn at the exact time as specified in the created schedule.

Arrival planes do not spawn at the exact time as in the created schedule (used to be exact in tower 2011). Planes have somekind of delay. For example, a plane which should be spawning at 08:06 (arrival), spawned at 08:34. This was no exeption. All arriving planes do have somekind of delay. Is there a way to remove the delay on arriving planes ingame or another solution to this 'problem'?

Any help would be great,

Carda

EDITED:

Problem is solved. I tried merging the created file with the original klax_schedule.txt cause it got stuck on 99% loading KLAX without the merge. I removed all the merged data and now it works like a charm. No delay to be found anywhere.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Dick!

I have been using schedule creator 24V1 for Tower 3D pro and it works great!

My only question is that i don't get any Fedex or UPS flights. I added them to Terminal GA and now I see about 3 aircraft at the gates but they never seem to arrive or depart. I have even started the game at a time when there were about 9 lines of Fedex schedules listed and not one came up during the game. Was wondering if you have any suggestions?

Thanks again!

Dom

Just as I post this a Fedex flight arrives! So looks like it finally recognized it! Funny enough the whole hour passed with no flights and when the second hour showed up in came in.

On 3/30/2017 at 4:49 AM, biosuit said:

Hello,

Could anybody possibly share a challenging schedule for klax? At the moment the one shared by Dick or the standard one is not enough traffic. Or is there a place where these are shared?

Looking forward to a reply,

Marco

This one is crazy. Scroll down for the best times...Enjoy

Fyi...you will need to add FDX and UPS to Terminal_GA if you want cargo flights

klax_schedule.txt

• 1 month later...