The simFlight Network Forums

Tower: Schedule Creator 24 V1 Released (Includes CYYZ)

dickparker

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dick,

I delved nervously into the world of schedule creator recently and using it as per the step by step instructions worked a treat.

Thank you for the time and effort you have taken not only for schedule creators, but also the trafiic PDF's.

Graham

Hi Dick,

Thanks for your great work. I do have a question for you....After creating a new schedule.txt file for an airport, do I have to create a new one if I want to use a different airport or just replace it with the original version? For example, if I use SC to create a file for KATL, but then want to play at KPHL, do I run SC again and create a file for KPHL?

Appreciate your help.

Marc

Yes, you would need to create a new schedule for each airport because Tower/Tracon only recognize the file name "schedule.txt."  However, when creating the schedules, you can name the schedules something like ATL-schedule.txt or PHL-schedule.txt and save those in a convenient location.  You could then copy the one you want to the Tower/Tracon databases folder and rename it "schedule.txt."  Personally, I just create a new schedule every time I change airports as each one is a new experience.

Be sure you have saved a copy of the original Real Traffic schedule file in case you ever want to use it.

Thanks for your comment.

The Schedule Creator series creates a schedule for one airport of your choice only (currently 14 selections).  However, if you made a schedule for LAX, for example, and then used that schedule at SFO, you would still see flights between LAX and SFO only.  When you first looked at SFO you will probably see a few aircraft parked at the gates--these are the various flights that will eventually depart for LAX.  Your arrivals would probably be few and far between.

• 6 months later...

Hello,

I have 2 questions:

1) After creating the schedule for a specific airport I can not find it in the filepath I specified. What could I have done potentially wrong ?

2) I read that "SC will create up to 2880 flights (one every 30 seconds for 24 hours!) at any of the 15 released Tower! 2011 airports except St. Thomas."

If flight schedule data is based on "real" flight info from "FlightAware" how come that I can select number of flights, operating hours (0-24) and even flight numbers ?

Wouldnt that mean that fake flights would be created instead of creating real flights and flight numbers that actually occur ?

Jan

Answer to 1.  I don't know--I would need to see what you entered for a filepath.  Typically, it would be something like C:\mydirectory\schedule.txt.  I use the following filepath to create my own flights (I have Tower installed on my T: drive in a folder named tower2011):  t:\tower2011\databases\schedule.txt

Answer to 2.  The destinations, airlines, and aircraft are taken from FlightAware.  The flight numbers are calculated by the program based on user input.  I did not use real flight numbers because at some of the smaller airports, such as RDU, there are really not the many flights compared with ATL or ORD, for example, and users wanted the ability to have "many" flights in 24 hours.  In order to accommodate "many" flights, the flight numbers would have been dupilcated and the program does not like that.

That said, I am working on a new version that will use real flight numbers but have not worked out all the bugs yet.

Thanks for your questions.

Hello Dick,

Thanks for your fast response.

Re 1) Actually now it works. I simply forgot to put the "\" after the drive (I put d:Tower2011\RDU_schedule.txt). Now I tried d:\Tower2011\RDU_schedule.txt and of course it works...  ;-)

Re 2) OK, thanks for info. I expected that and now also saw it after I looked at my first created schedule above. Appreciate you working on the version including real flights. That's what I am looking for!

Cheers

Jan

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this it seems like it will be excellent if i could get it to work. I get the follwoing error in winzip

Central and local directory mismatch for file "Schedule Creator 15 V3 RFN.exe" (crc-32 - local: C7832790 hex  central: 3BAB53C hex).
Severe Error: Local and central CRC values don't match.

Im not sure uf it is winzip or the SC that is not working.

HELP!

I can't unzip schedule creator 15 v3 rfn.exe.  When I try I get an error message: warning: skipping "schedule creator 15 v3 rfn.exe". the 32-bit crc stored in the local header for the file is not the same the 32-bit crc stored in the central header.  The when I say yes and look at the details I get:  extracting to (then a temp location) then user path: yes overlay files: yes.  Then I get the warning message I gave at the beginning.  Any Ideas what's wrong?  I've downloaded several times, but the same problem.  I've downloaded and unzipped other zip files with no problems.  I'm running win 7 pro 64-bit.  I really like the idea of making cargo schedules.

Hi Dick,

Enjoy your vacation. I have looked up the problem and found the following page on Winzip:

http://kb.winzip.com/kb/entry/41/

where it gives many possible solutions. I have tried and so far no success. The best solution I have so far is:

"What to do if a CRC Error Occurs

The best solution to the problem of a damaged Zip file is to try to obtain another copy of the file. For example, use your backup copy of the file or get a new copy from the original source. If you obtained the Zip file by downloading it, then downloading it again will almost always solve the problem."

I will try to look at it some more while you are away but I would appreciate if you could post a new file.

I look forward to using this tool. I will post any updates if i solve the issue.

Happy New Year

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Question for you...  I am thinking about trying to build LGA as an airport...  If I was too do that how would I go about loading the schedules into a database or can I submit it when done as a notice to this post to get the schedule creator updated?  I love this tool, thanks so much for creating it!

I will be glad to update Schedule Creator to include LGA.  Part of the work is already done since LGA is part of the New York Sector in Tracon 2012.  Or, I could create a version just for LGA if you would prefer.  I would need to have a copy of the terminal assignment file in order to complete the analysis of LGA.

• 2 weeks later...

Schedule Creator only creates schedules, it does not update or change any of the airline or terminal files.  This must be done manually by opening the files with an app such as Notepad (included with Windows).  For example, you would locate the "airlines.txt" file within the Tower databases folder, and open it with Notepad.  The first few lines might look like this:

AAB,W9,ABG,ABELAG AVIATION,BELGIUM
AAF,ZI,AIGLE AZUR,AIGLE AZUR,FRANCE
AAL,AA,AMERICAN,AMERICAN AIRLINES,UNITED STATES

You then open my "Airlines to Add-Disable" file (which you have downloaded from the forum).  The first few lines in the to-add section will look like this:

AIJ,4O,ABC AEROLINEAS,ABC AEROLINEAS,MEXICO
AJT,M6,AMERIJET,AMERIJET INTERNATIONAL,US
AUA,OS,AUSTRIAN,AUSTRIAN AIRLINES,AUSTRIA

You simply copy and paste all of the airlines to be added from this file into the "airlines.txt" file, and save it.

You do exactly the same kind of operation on the "airports.txt" file in order to update that file from my "Airports 245" file (which you also download from the forum).

You can also modify the terminal files using a similar process.  All of this is outlined on page 2 of the "Schedule Creator 15 Comments.pdf" which can be downloaded from the forum.

As far as "Run as Administrator" goes, if you right-click on the Schedule Creator.exe file and you should see that as an option.  Many programs under Windows 7 require this in order to run correctly.  There is a way to change this permanently under the "properties" and "compatibility" dialog boxes by right-clicking any application and choose "properties."  Under "compatibility" you will see a box to check entitled "Run this program as an administrator."  In my experience, editing using Notepad does not require "run as administrator."