The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jfriehl

Traffic not showing at airports after UT2 uninstall

I just purchased mytraffic 5.4c.  After uninstalling UT2 I followed all of the install instructions including adding to the scenery library.  Now when I go to a normally busy airport like my Flightbeam SFO there are NO aircraft at all.  I tried several airports and they were all the same.  I have fsdreamteam JFK and that had traffic on the ground and I could hear a/c talking on some frequencies.  I am a novice when it comes to .cfg files and many other steps so detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated.  I am not sure if there are still files from UT2 remaining that I missed.  I have tried to find detailed uninstall procedures for UT2 but have been unsuccessful.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I am also occasionally getting a CTD but am not sure if they are related.  I cannot do a reinstall of FSX because I have way too many purchased items and would not be able to reinstall many of them as there download links have long expired.

Thanks in advance.

The probability is about 99% that one or more of your addons have their own AI schedules installed, in FS8 data foramt, which prohibits FSX to dosplay ist own data Format. Or maybe you even have other FS8 addons, like UT1, WOAI or so installed.

MyTraffic Communicator comes with a tool that can help you to find these files, just execute it and if you are unsure about the files post the result here.

Looks like you do not have MyTraffic fully installed, since the MyTraffic files should show up here too. So if you did not remove these from the list, please check that in MyTraffic\scenery there are the three big file MyTrafficCommercial.bgl, MyTrafficmil.bgl and MyTrafficglobal.bgl. If they aren't, then ensure that you have full control over the MyTraffic folder at least, the run rebuild.bat.

I found all three files in the correct scenery folder.  I then ran the rebuild.bat and got an error on the tu24.  It continued after that.  When it finished I checked to see if the files were in the scenery folder and then ran the traffic scan and all it found was the three files that I already posted.  I am not very good with computers and this is getting very frustrating.  I am not sure what else to do.  I followed the install instructions and it is still not working.

So you say the three files are in the MyTraffic\scenery Folder. Then the traffic bgl finder does not find them - nor some other files it always finds like trafficboats.bgl.

This is very strange and indicates a very basic problem. Just an idea - you have set traffic density to a value larger than 0, UT2 requires it to be at 0.

So let us try to identify them.

In the MyTraffic Folder you find a file trafficmil.bgl. Please copy this over to MyTraffic\scenery, and tell me exactly what happens, what questions you het asked if any...

I don't have that file in the mytraffic folder.   It is in the scenery folder but I cant find it anywhere else.   Where would I go about changing the traffic density?  Should I just uninstall it again and try to start over?

I have yet to get this program to work.  I have tried to reinstall several times and have been unable to get it to work.  I am not computer savvy and have had nothing but problems.  I am beginning to feel like I wasted 45 dollars and am probably just going to go back to UT2 at this point since nothing is working.

Ups my answer to your post has disappeared. So again:

Traffic density is a slider inside FSX Settings -> Display -> traffic - UT2 sets this to 0, so if it is still at 0 we would have found the reason easily.

If you do not see AI traffic with these sliders above 20%, then please visit some very hidden place like the Airport SCIP or some Airports in China, and look if you have AI traffic there. If you have, and not in the Areas covered by other addons, the Problem is one ore more incompatibe AI schedules installed.

If you see no traffic there, please go through the checklist in the FAQ subforum. then tell us what you could verify and where the tests there fail. 

I just purchased mytraffic 5.4c.  After uninstalling UT2 I followed all of the install instructions including adding to the scenery library.  Now when I go to a normally busy airport like my Flightbeam SFO there are NO aircraft at all.  I tried several airports and they were all the same.  I have fsdreamteam JFK and that had traffic on the ground and I could hear a/c talking on some frequencies.  I am a novice when it comes to .cfg files and many other steps so detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated.  I am not sure if there are still files from UT2 remaining that I missed.  I have tried to find detailed uninstall procedures for UT2 but have been unsuccessful.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I am also occasionally getting a CTD but am not sure if they are related.  I cannot do a reinstall of FSX because I have way too many purchased items and would not be able to reinstall many of them as there download links have long expired.

Thanks in advance.

Hi I'm also having the same problem....By the way how did you uninstall UT2 can you send me instaructions I cant find the uninstall link. thanks

You do not need to uninstall UT2 in order for MyTraffic to work, and I strongly recommend to NEVER uninstall any addon, because as FSX is built the likelihood to damage FSX beyond repair by removing installed files is huge,

UT2 uand MyTraffic work flawless hand in hand, you can even have them both, You steer the amount of UT2 traffic using the knob in the UT2 Administration tool, and the MyTraffic AI traffic using the density sliders inside FSX. Works 1000 times out there.

If you have problems to get MyTraffic running, just use the checklist in the FAQ subforum to identify what is missing.