The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Profiles only partly remembered and some more....

oups

Hello

Not a big deal but I just noticed a change in the behaviour of FSUIPC (upgrade to last version did not changes anything): while loading my PMDG 747, FSUIPC remembers the profile for the axis but not for key presses and buttons.... I am under FSX SP2 - windows 7 x64 (FSUIPC and WideFS registered).... My configuration ( from my home page at www.virtualskies.webs.com)

PC PRINCIPAL (PC2)
Composants internes
  • Carte mère Gigabyte X79-UD3
  • Processeur Intel Core i7-3930K
  • Système Water-cooling Cooler Master Seidon 120M
  • 16GoDDR3 pc17000 2133Mhz G.Skill RipjawsX Gaming series (en 4x4096) Dual/Quad-Channel
  • 2 x Nvidia Geforce GTX-760 OC-Edition 2GoDDR5 (Gigabyte WindForce) en SLI
  • Carte Son 7.1 Creative X-Fi Xtrem Audio PCI-Express
  • Boitier Zalman Z11 Plus USB3.0+ 3 ventilateurs 120mm.
  • Bloc d'Alimentation GX-750W Bronze Cooler Master.
  • SSD Samsung Série 840 250Go sata III
  • Disque Dur 1000Go sata3-600 Western Digital Caviar Black cache=64Mo
  • Lecteur Graveur DVD 24x LG double couche s-ata
  • Windows Seven Familial Premium 64bits

Hardware, logiciels et localisation
  • PC principal : FSX avec PMDG 747 - FSUIPCACTIVE SKY NEXT, SimPhysiX, Frictionality – Hardware : SAITEK PILOTPRO YOKE2x SAITEK THROTTLE QUADRANT, SAITEK RADIO PANEL, EFIS CP FLIGHT, MCP CP FLIGHT, CH PROPEDALS
  • PC 2 (Windows Seven Familial Premium 64bits): Squawkbox, PFPX, Flightcommander, Topcat, Navigraph
  • PC3 (Vista ultimate 64... nicely working for the last 7 years....) : Vatspy et divers
et évidemment Input Director sur chaque machine

Another persistent issue (I suspect I already posted on that in the past): if i use toe brakes - even slightly to ease a turn while taxiing for instance - after releasing the toe brake and even adding thrust, the aircraft finally come to a complete stop until I toggle the parking brakes... 

Another strange thing, possibly not related to FSUIPC: though all FSUIPC commands have been checked and ALL FSX commands suppressed (both normal and slew), it happens that the APU starts spontaneously (click click) and even trigger the APU feed.... Not a big deal neither but spoils my fuel computations....

Another: impossible to correct the drift on the right while taxiing...rudder calibration OK)

And finally: what is "Excluden_set" on the axis page 3? Could not find references in the docs... (but perhaps I am shortsighted..)

---------------------------

SOMETHING NEW FROM LAST NIGHT: I did not use my machine for almost a couple of weeks, and then....

IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE WIDESERVER CONNECTING WITH ITS CLIENTS.....  Checkked firewall, client ini files simconnect cfg , router etc ... nothing unusual. except that the indication wideserver waiting for client takes a longer time to appear... it seems even to blink once but too quick to see any other message or indication. The other issues above are not important in comparison....

--------------------------

Thanks a lot for your help..  and specially, in anticipation, to Mr Pete Dowson (just back from leave and immediately harassed..; sorry). 

Cheers all

Phili

• 2 weeks later...

Not a big deal but I just noticed a change in the behaviour of FSUIPC (upgrade to last version did not changes anything): while loading my PMDG 747, FSUIPC remembers the profile for the axis but not for key presses and buttons

There's absolutely no change in any such area. The difference you are seeing is merely that Axes and Calibrations are either Profile related or not, whileh keys and Buttons are both operating together -- general and profile options apply. The profile ones only override the general ones for the same key or button. This is what allows you to have all common things generally assigned with only differences in profiles.  You can't do this with axes because unlike buttons and keys, axes are always alive.

And it has always been this way in FSUIPC for more years than either FS9 or FSX have been available.

IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE WIDESERVER CONNECTING WITH ITS CLIENTS.....  Checkked firewall, client ini files simconnect cfg , router etc 

.Where are the Log files -- WideServer.LOG and WideClient.LOG? Without information I cannot help!

Pete

• Upvote 1

Dear Pete

Thanks for your interest. Here are the files requested

WIDERSERVER.LOG

********* WideServer.DLL Log [version 7.929] *********
Blocksize guide = 8192 (double allowed)
Date (dmy): 02/03/14, Time 09:04:49.751: Server name is UTILISATEUR-PC
    15616 Initialising TCP/IP server
    15616 Initialising UDP/IP server
    16146 Broadcasting service every 1000 mSecs
   128732 Closing down now ...
Memory managed:  Offset records: 53 alloc, 52 free
Read buffer usage:  0 alloc, 0 free, max in session: 0
Write buffer usage: 0 alloc, 0 free, max in session: 0
Throughput maximum achieved:  0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec
Throughput average achieved for complete session:  0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec
********* Log file closed *********

WIDECLIENT.LOG

********* WideClient Log [version 6.999b] Class=FS98MAIN *********
Date (dmy): 02/03/14, Time 08:29:13.942: Client name is PHILIPPE-HP
      172 LUA: "C:\Program Files (x86)\WIDE FS\Initial.LUA": not found
      172 Attempting to connect now
      172 Trying TCP/IP addr 192.168.1.12, port 8002 ...
    21201 Error on client pre-Connection Select() [Error=10060] Connection timed out
    21201 Ready to try connection again
    22215 Attempting to connect now
    66394 Trying TCP/IP addr 192.168.1.12, port 8002 ...
 36897653 Error on client pre-Connection Select() [Error=10065] No route to host
 36897653 Ready to try connection again
 36898698 Attempting to connect now

Wtih anticipated thanks for your advice

Best regards

Philippe Amé

Thanks for your interest. Here are the files requested

I see you have specified the Server IP address rather than let things sort themselves out, or by specifying the host name (UTILISATEUR-PC). Why?

Have you checked that the IP address is still correct (192.168.1.12)? Because it is not getting through. If it is correct then you have some firewall preventing access completely. There is no sign of a connection at the Server side.

Pete

Thanks Pete

I really feel stupid... it never happened (at least with my new setup) that I loose the IP parameters.... Probably the effect of a wild installation of somethiog.... I reassigned the IP and all seems OK for now.

Thanks again

Best regards

Philippe

PS: what is "Excluden_set" on the axis page 3? Could not find references in the docs... 

PS: what is "Excluden_set" on the axis page 3? Could not find references in the docs... 

Sorry, can you clarify? There's no page 3 in the Axis assignments tab. Do you mean the Calibration tabs? If so then the exclusion options at the bottom, which are normally enabled, merely prevent the calibration of those specific FS controls. Don't forget how FSUIPC calibration works -- it intercepts controls before they arrive in FS's simulation engine and adjust the final values. The excluded controls are often used by add-on aircraft for internal direct control, as with a special autopilot. Those then should not be altered as if they come from a joystick input.

The explanation is actually in the manual. It is in step 12 of "THE EASY STEP-BY-STEP WAY TO CALIBRATE YOUR CONTROLS".

Pete