The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Skydigibox1

Model fixes and updates

Hi, I have found many errors in certain models, please update them, I really don't want to swap all the models for TFS,AIA ones

A310 - please add forward hanging, 767 style main landing gear to these beautiful aircraft :)

A320 series - the nose gear seems to drop out of the fuselage through a very small hole, instead of folding out like other aircraft do. The nose gear on A318's, A319's, A320's and A321's sort-of lean back slightly when extended instead of being absolutely in the vertical upright position

-The engines need some attention, the V2500's should look more like a mini version of the RB211's fitted to the 747-400's

The CFM's have a more rounder shape, and a longer tailcone, A mini squashed version of the GE engines currently fitted to most 747-400's fits the description nicely

- The A318, A319, A320, and A321 models are missing the Elevator control surfaces

-I think the trailing edge of the rudder on the vertical stabiliser needs a less steep angle (maybe just 5 degrees or so?)

-Please can you add Sharklets to all models, since there are a lot of them flying now

- there is also a double bogie model of the A320 that air india uses (these hang forward)

- I see on the textures there is a grey spot for the apu in the tail section, these do not show up on the model (mapping issue?)

A330's - Please change the hanging down wings they look terrible in flight

- the engines (GE, PW,RR) all seem to be facing upwards, please fix these , the engines also need to be made bigger, they look too small compared to the real aircraft

A340's - Please fix the hanging down wings like on A330's and 747's

- please update the A345 and A346''s landing gear to be the same as the A342 and 343 (except for the centre body gear obviously - this needs to hang forward and the wing gear backward)

- Can you Add wing textures to match? (on the 345 and 346)

- the RR Trent 700's are too small on this model, they need to be bigger, similar to the A330's to look more realistic

A350 - This really is a great model, but no wing textures?

- the wheels need to be slightly bigger and farther apart form each other , the nose gear looks good

- the flaps seem to droop at almost 90 degrees when fully extended

A380 - the wheels on the nose gear need to be slightly bigger and have a shorter strut, the gear doors must be made smaller to match these, the main gear also needs to have slightly bigger wheels and all bogies hang forward on the A380

- The engines need to be made bigger as well to look better

- The cockpit window is wrong, the actual cockpit window is almost the same as the A350's, can you please change them?

737 - why is the 737-200 completely different from the rest of the series? it looks terrible compared to the others, maybe a 737-600 fuselage with a new, old-style tail , no winglets and maybe just port over the existing -200 engines (if possible) and remap the textures to fit already painted 732's

- can you add winglet versions of the 737-300, -400, and -500 and the new split scimitar winglets to 737-700, 800 and -900 (united is receiving new NG 737's with these wingtip devices)

- the tail on the 737-300, -400 and -500 are actually smaller than those of the NG 737's they are shorter and the bottom of the tail is smaller, the whole tail can literally be scaled down

747 - I like the wing textures and landing gear, but why do the wings hang down, I understand this is the case on the ground but in flight they really look ugly. and can you ass the same 'hanging' landing gear to the rest of the 747's

- The nose gear on all the 747's are also waaay too small and looks very awkward for an aircraft of this size.

- The engines for the 747-100, -200, -300 and SP appear to have been taken straight from the -400 which is not the case in real life, the p&w engines on the classics have a very small cowling compared to the big ones on the -400 and the RR engines on the classics look more like the GE engines on the classics in real life

- Can you add the same update to the 747SP? (wing textures & and landing gear)

757 - This model looks great but the main landing gear are too big for it, a small size reduction would really help and can you add "hanging" landing gear animations to it?

767 - I found a small bug in which the right hand main landing gear on the -300 freighter model does not hang but the left one does

- The 767-400 is missing the 'hanging' landing gear and wing textures

777 - this model is in desperate need for an over haul the cockpit section needs to be reshaped to resemble the actual aircraft, also the 777-200LR and 777-300ER have got Raked wingtips in real life (like the 767-400) please add those

- the right hand landing gear is actually facing backwards

- Can you add 'hanging' landing gear, (the reason im stuck on this subject is because an addition like this makes a HUGE difference to the overall quality and feel of the model, I guess its one of those animations that is almost essential to the aircraft that need it :))

- the tail cone on the 777's is actually a "screwdriver" style not a cone shape like airbus

DC9's - the tail cone on the DC9's are wrong, all DC9's and early versions of the MD80 have "Cone" style tailed not the screwdriver type fitted to most MD80's and 90's

- please lower the main landing gear slightly, the aircraft sits a little too high on the ground

Thanks for this wish list. I hope you are aware that this list is several man years of work - I will try to look at this list whenever there are no bugs to fix, no new models to build, no changes to models like the A320 sharklets now, no new paints to make, no changes to make to the schedule creating software, no new operating systems to require no changes, no new flight Simulator to Support - thanks again I appreciate that you just set a program for the next 10-15 years of MyTraffic :)

Just to illustrate, only the addition of winglets to the 767s was about 400-500 hours of work - 30 hours in GMAX to create them cahnged wings, another 30 to apply them to all models, about 60 for the textures - and always 3 times that for all the test necessary for each Change.

Burkhard,

I agree with this list, I think a lot needs to be done to the models in question especially since that there are so many of them flying in the sim.

With many new FSX Native frame rate friendly freeware models coming out many potential and UT2 Users will be using those, updates like these will freshen up the the whole my traffic environment immensely. Even with more powerful computers these days and P3DV2 coming out, we can all handle a few extra polys.

So Please, when all repaints are added and when the new update is released, I Emplore you to give this list ago I see quite a few of them are small ones that can really make a big difference.

There is no small change in a model - and P3DV2 is not faster than FSX, quite the opposite. I will look at this list , but even if I would spend all my time on just this list this is 10 years of work 52 weeks a year 70 hours a week.

If you can point me to any new framerate friendly model that does not affect the frame rate with 200 in view please send me a link...  These models are fine if you display ONE of them typically. 

I did not say that P3DV2 was faster than FSX, maybe I accidently implied it. What I was referring to was that P3DV2 does a lot of processing on the GPU now, reducing load on the CPU, I have found that I can run a lot more with P3DV2 on my pc that P3DV1 or FSX for this reason, it also seems to run smoother, so for that reason I am intrigued as to why you say it is the opposite.

Anyway, the models I was talking about are these - http://fsxaibureau.com/manufacturing/ , most of these - http://www.unitedtrafficteam.com/index.php/ai-models/utt and these -  http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=21322838

Unfortunately at this time I have to concur with Burkhard, P3Dv2.1 runs worse with less addons for me, it stutters in situations where my FSX install with the exact same addons and trafffic levels is butter smooth.

4770k @ 4.5Ghz and a GTX780 3Gb.

Eventually yes, but each change of a model is 50+ hours of work, and some wishes mean mostly new models =500+ hours of work provided the existed paints can be reused - so the above list is about 3000 hours of work minimum.

Now let me work 40 hours per week and 50 weeks a years, this is 2000 hours per year. These go into support here, all the modifications needed for new fligth sim versions, Investigation of how to come around bugs of one of the sims like crashes - this sums up to 1000 hours in normal times. The remaining means work on models, work on paints, work on schedules, work on tools, work on documentation - so I have round 200 hours for modelling left per year - so eventually means 15 years to be realisitc.

This would be valid in  normal year, unfortunately the last year mostly saw a hunt for a still undecovered bug in FSX that lets it crash - so the way to advance progress on one fields means there is real help on many of the others. I appreciate your help on paints, which are still mostly very regional, and would wish more similar help from the community especially on Isolation of the CTD, on paints, on tools, and even on modelling or documentation.

Eventually yes, but each change of a model is 50+ hours of work, and some wishes mean mostly new models =500+ hours of work provided the existed paints can be reused - so the above list is about 3000 hours of work minimum.

Now let me work 40 hours per week and 50 weeks a years, this is 2000 hours per year. These go into support here, all the modifications needed for new fligth sim versions, Investigation of how to come around bugs of one of the sims like crashes - this sums up to 1000 hours in normal times. The remaining means work on models, work on paints, work on schedules, work on tools, work on documentation - so I have round 200 hours for modelling left per year - so eventually means 15 years to be realisitc.

This would be valid in  normal year, unfortunately the last year mostly saw a hunt for a still undecovered bug in FSX that lets it crash - so the way to advance progress on one fields means there is real help on many of the others. I appreciate your help on paints, which are still mostly very regional, and would wish more similar help from the community especially on Isolation of the CTD, on paints, on tools, and even on modelling or documentation.

I'd honestly enjoy the day where FSX didn't crash. The only time I get crashes (other than avoiding OOM with Save and Restart (not really a crash yet though)) is I strongly believe with MyTraffix Pro 5.4c, I uninstalled it and ran the same routes again and again with success. However I like traffic for added realism :) So I have it installed, but so far experience FSX crashes in Amsterdam/Italy/South Eastern United States.

My vote is to stop the crashes. Else will need to uninstall 5.4c and try UTX, bit of a waste of money....but I'd like to fly around the world with traffic and not only in known 'safe areas'.

I share this view, unfortunately never a crash got reproducable, so all indications are it is an internal bug of FSX that just shows with MyTraffic 5.4c in some cases which we do not understand yet...

Again and again the symptom is the same: Users get crashes. They pull half of the aircraft folders pit of the MyTraffic\aircraft Folder, crashes stop. They put them back and no crash for months... That is what I experienced for so long now, and many others saw the same. No idea why...