The simFlight Network Forums

I am new to FSUIPC - PMDG 737/PFC Controls..profiles anyone?

Hi Everyone:

I have a bunch of new hardware arriving soon.  It consists of the Precision Flight Controls Boeing flight yoke, 737 throttle console, and Boeing style rudder pedals.  It is all USB connections.  I used to use the PFC drivers for the serial connections for my PMDG 737NGX.  I just read through the 59 page FSUIPC manual, and to say the least, it is a bit overwhelming for a beginner like me.  Can someone tell me, are there "profiles" available in the FS community that someone may be able to share with me for my setup so that I may not have to reinvent the wheel from scratch?  I would be really grateful if someone could share some of their knowledge, settings, .cfg info, etc. so I can begin with a little running start.  Does this sort of thing exist in the FS community?

Thanks for the info.

Chris Catalano

Chris-

I fly PFC as well.  My stuff is all older (Serial) however, my fsuipc.ini files ought to work for you just fine- you just won't need the pfcfsx.ini stuff.  

Drop me a PM with your email and I will send them over.  FYI, being mostly a dolt, I use separate .ini files for each quadrant I have (5) so that axis and buttons all work correctly regardless of which quadrant I am using at the time.  

I know this is all possible within a single fsuipc.ini file- but it evades me.....

Carl

• 2 weeks later...

I have a bunch of new hardware arriving soon.  It consists of the Precision Flight Controls Boeing flight yoke, 737 throttle console, and Boeing style rudder pedals.  It is all USB connections.  I used to use the PFC drivers for the serial connections for my PMDG 737NGX.  

All of those devices are simple standard joysticks and do not need the serial port PFC driver. Just use normal FS assignments, and you will be fine. Only use FSUIPC if you really want to, and then if so just follow the SIMPLE steps in the relevant chapters of the User Guide. They are all listed separately in the contents list!

The ONLY reason it is 59 pages long is because it is a big toolkit with lots of facilities, but you simply pick the bit you want to use, or none at all.  If I thought it would have frightened folks to have one document of 59 pages split into Chapters with a contents list I would have produced it as 10 or 20 separate documents, but quite honestly I can't see the real distinction! :-(

Pete

Actually, you will be very proud of me...  I was able to make major progress with it all and I have it all working nearly perfectly - except for one thing - (EXCELLENT program by the way!!!!!!!  THANK YOU!!!).  It seems the reversers seem to be somewhat conflicting with the throttles.  Can you check out my (only other) post from last week?  I have tried everything I can think of, and nothing seems to fix the issue.  I believe you are the only one who may be able to guide me at this point.

Thanks again!

Chris Catalano