The simFlight Network Forums

Unable to climb in aircraft until FSUIPC is opened/closed

This is really strange behavior -- everything was working fine before but now I am unable to climb in my aircraft (locked in <1000 V/S) with autopilot enabled unless I select FSUIPC from the menu bar, and then close it again. The aircraft is unable to climb after I take the thrust out of FLEX/MCT mode to CLB. However, after I click on FSUIPC V/S picks up to >3000+ 

I am using P3D 2.1 (with the hot patch) with Project Airbus and the free Jeehell Airbus cockpit suite. OPUS is my weather program. I am using FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.929.

I do not believe this to be a Jeehell software problem, because noone else has reported this issue. 

I have checked my TAT and SAT temperatures and they are all within a reasonable range.

Does anyone know why opening FSUIPC causes the aircraft to miraculously pick up climb V/S? 

Edited by OmniAtlas

This is really strange behavior -- everything was working fine before but now I am unable to climb in my aircraft (locked in <1000 V/S) with autopilot enabled unless I select FSUIPC from the menu bar, and then close it again. The aircraft is unable to climb after I take the thrust out of FLEX/MCT mode to CLB. However, after I click on FSUIPC V/S picks up to >3000+ 

The only thing FSUIPC will be doing is rescanning all connected USB joystick type devices. Maybe this is waking up an sleep device, or causing one to stop doing something odd. Have you made sure that Windows power management is turned off on all USB hub devices in the Windows device manager?

BTW you can stop FSUIPC doing this by adding "AutoScanDevices=No" to the [General] section of the FSUIPC4.INI file.

Pete