The simFlight Network Forums

Install FSUIPC into P3D and FSX on same drive?

I have both FSX and P3D V2.1 installed in C: Program Files/X86. My original registered FSUIPC version 4.928 install was into FSX some time ago. I just added P3D on the same drive. I can't get my original download FSUIPC version 4.928 to install into P3D. I get the message that says it is already installed in FSX. Do I have to buy another copy of FSUIPC to get it to work in P3D?

Thanks.

Howard

I have both FSX and P3D V2.1 installed in C: Program Files/X86. My original registered FSUIPC version 4.928 install was into FSX some time ago. I just added P3D on the same drive. I can't get my original download FSUIPC version 4.928 to install into P3D. I get the message that says it is already installed in FSX. Do I have to buy another copy of FSUIPC to get it to work in P3D?

No. and there is no such message. Where are reading this? The installer will automatically install in FSX, ESP, P3D1 and P3D2, any or all. If your current version in any of those is later then it won't replace it.

What may be the problem is that you should use the current supported version, 4.929, not an old version. As very clearly stated at the very top of this forum, version 4.929 is the earliest which will work with P3D 2.1 -- version 4.928 was issued before P3D 2.1 was released and cannot possibly work.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Sorry, my typo mistake. I have version 4.929. I got it sorted out. The message I was getting was when I clicked on the install button in the download. It said it was already installed in FSX. It did not give me anyway to direct the install to P3D. I started the Migration tool and installed it through that program. Everything is working now. Thanks for getting back to me.

Howard

Sorry, my typo mistake. I have version 4.929. I got it sorted out. The message I was getting was when I clicked on the install button in the download. It said it was already installed in FSX. It did not give me anyway to direct the install to P3D.

I don't know where you are looking. There's certainly no "install" button in the FSUIPC4 installer. I think you must be mixing up some other program entirely.

When the FSUIPC installer is run it will tell you, one by one, all off the versions of FS it is installing into. You simply OK each prompt after reading it and it goes on to the next. If you were really running the FSUIPC Installer, and not some other program, and it did not find a copy of P3D2.1 to install into, it will because your P3D2.1 installation is bad -- the registry entry for it's install path does not exist. It is that plain and simple.

Pete