The simFlight Network Forums

AI Flights being removed for no reason?

tonicfan

Hello.

I got STB recently and I've been using it successfully

However, I like to SHADOW AI Aircraft and watch them fly from start to finish.  I wasnt using the chase or follow AI.

This works some of the time but I have seen that the flights disappear and then knock me back to my starting airport where I had positioned my aircraft before shadowing them.

Why does this happen?   I have changed the settings to make it so that it doesnt remove departed flights for 600 mins

I am using Predictions as my level of detail

And I am using World of AI.

I do have Traffic X, but world of AI was newer and better as far as flight paths.

I read that Flight Sim can delete AI aircraft for no reason.  however I have the AI Aircraft slider set to 100% so it shouldnt remove anything.

These deletions seem to happen near approach.  So I turned off Enforce Approach separation so that it would just land the planes.

I also un chcked the Use the STP Sim plug in to delete AI Aircraft so that was not the cause.

I am at a loss.  I really dont want the AI aircraft to be removed from the game unless I SAY so.  So is this FSX or is it the traffic board?

I have used a different traffic board on FS2004 and it doesnt remove the ai aircraft.  it just follows the plane throughout its flight.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks

To my knowledge, the only times FSX delets AI traffic is:

1) When the AI is no longer inside the reality bubble

2) When taxiing, and has failed to move for a certain period

3) When suitable parking is not available

4) At time acceleration > 4x

If it's not one of those, I'm afraid I don't know the cause.  If you wishyou can set up an STB trace as per appendix C of the user guide and I'll try to work out why FSX deleted it, but it is not always clear.

Simon

The reality bubble is not terribly precise, and may vary with altitude.  Perhaps 80nm?

I understand what you are saying, but I can't prevent FSX deleting AI aircraft if it so chooses.  I've never experienced what you are describing, and all I can do from an STB side is to put you in the best possible position to avoid having the AI deleted. 

Simon