The simFlight Network Forums

Aileron issue

Hello Pete

Can you help please?

When turning left the aileron movement causes the aircraft to  bank very quickly but this doesn't happen when banking right which, by contrast, is smooth, almost graceful.

I believe this may be to do with the centre position, however, I have tried several hundred different centre positions (and slopes) but I can't match the smoothness of the right turn to the left!

Have you any suggestions that might help? FSUIPC is up to date. FSX. RSP Jetstream 737-800. All controls through FSUIPC, all FS controls/assignments deleted.

Thank you.

Regards

When turning left the aileron movement causes the aircraft to  bank very quickly but this doesn't happen when banking right which, by contrast, is smooth, almost graceful.

Most likely poorly calibrated controls. But check that your aileron trim is centred too. If that's off-centre you might get such a result because you are trying to find an off-centre centre on the aileron to compensate. Also check rudder and rudder trim.

I believe this may be to do with the centre position, however, I have tried several hundred different centre positions (and slopes) but I can't match the smoothness of the right turn to the left!

In that case, if it isn't due a very bad aircraft model, or the trim being off centre,  you either have a faulty potentiometer, or it is a logarithmic one not a linear one.  A log pot will have rapidly changing values towards one end.

Have you any suggestions that might help? FSUIPC is up to date. FSX. RSP Jetstream 737-800. All controls through FSUIPC, all FS controls/assignments deleted.Thank you.

Apart from the above, test with a default aircraft. After all it may be just that model.

Pete