The simFlight Network Forums

Set the GMT and Mapcode fields?

nicholas1125

Excuse me interrupting slightly, but have you checked that there are no patches or additional files, by logging into your simMarket account and going to the order or downloads sections?

I don't have this specific package and, as a result, can't say whether it is the case here, but the most common resolution to non-updated packages is downloading and running the later version download which is also available, so it's always worth a look that there isn't one there.

Cheers,

Ian P.

This is the reply from Simmarket:

the files offered are always the latest version made available to us. 
file names may not reflect version numbers, but their contents are the latest version available.

I submitted a support ticket to Feelthere, going on 3 days and no reply, so not the best customer service. So it will be up to them to provide me with the correct files. If they use a reseller they should stand by their product. 

So if anybody in support reads this I need an answer to my issue. As it stands, not very impressed with Feelthere right now even though I have used their products for years.

I have to say the customer service for Feelthere is horrible. If they can't stand by their product then they lost a customer and hopefully others will see this and think twice before buying. I will post my review on Simmarket of this issue to warn others. 11 days and no help; a completely ignored support ticket, Ridiculous! It's not my fault I purchased the product from a reputable reseller Feelthere deals with so why am I not getting assistance on this!!

• 2 months later...

Hi

I have exactly the same issue with KJFK bought from Wilco, I have tried to contact them but have had no reply, I'm not sure what their support for this product should be.

I have recently downloaded and installed twr2011 sp4 but now seem to have an issue with the tower2011-kjfk add-on, when running twr2011 I now receive this error:

Menu data error

Please update the mapconfig files in the MenuData folder!

Set the GMT and the MapCodes fields!

Mapname: New_York_Airport

The airport seems to load OK with all the relevant screens but there is no air traffic, I have checked the schedule.txt file and inbound/outbound flights do exist for JFK. Other airports ar not affected

Could somebody please advise me how modify the necessary files or download an update.

I do have the invoice if proof of purchase is required so if there is a download location available please let me know.

Many thanks.

TIA

--

post edited: two posts merged into one.  please don't double post. -d.scobie  (aka, scoobflight)

--

• 6 months later...

I also have this problem originally with KJFK, KBOS, KATL, and KSFO. I have sp4 of Tower and re-installed it along with KJFK sp 2 and KSFO sp1 and KBOS and KATL. The KJFK error is gone, but the three remaining airports still get the error message. All were bought through WilcoPub.

Same for me too. I have bought the software trough Wilco Publishing. Seems they have not changed their material with the fixed materials from Feelthere.

So just forward my invoice for the software to support?

• 5 months later...

I have today, installed Tower! 2011 Multiplayer, which I bought from FeelThere. I have installed all add-ons, some of which were purchased through JustFlight. Unfortunately I now get the following message:

Please update the mapconfig files in MenuData folder!
Set the GMT and the MapCode fields!
Mapname: New_York_Airport

I also get the same message for Atlanta, Boston, San Francisco and Las Vegas.

Can you please help regarding this issue?

I have already been in touch with JustFlight and they suggested contacting FeelThere.

There are no problems with the Single Player version of Tower! 2011, which I have been using up until now.

• 1 year later...

So anyone still having trouble with this.. I just upgraded my PC and had to reinstall everything, and came across this issue again for JFK..

When launching Tower 2011 I received this Message. 

Please Update the Mapconfig files in MenuData folder!

Set the GMT and the Mapcode fields!

Mapname: New_York_Airport.

--------------------------------------------

I fixed it myself after searching through files.. here is how I did it.

If you locate your Tower 2011 folder  e.g. (C:) program files/ Tower 2011/ 

and open the MenuData folder.

In there you will find lots of menu files for each airport.

My issue was with New York JFK, so I opened this file with Notepad:-     menu_map_jfk.map

Name=New York
MapName=New_York_Airport
NameTexture=MenuData/menu_text_airport_JFK.tga
MapTexture=MenuData/menu_map_jfk.tga
InfoTexture=MenuData/menu_new_game_info_JFK.tga
Runway=13L 405 52 31R
Runway=31R 440 52 13L
Runway=13R 333 250 31L
Runway=31L 368 250 13R
Runway=22R 522 131 4L
Runway=4L 522 165 22R
Runway=22L 621 133 4R
Runway=4R 621 169 22L

This is the content of my file.. I noticed after opening another airport file that there were 2 fields missing ..

so I edited it with notepad adding these 2 fields  (lines 3 and 4)

MapCode=KJFK
GMT=-4 

So my finished file looked like this ( notice lines 3 and 4 are now added)

Name=New York
MapName=New_York_Airport
MapCode=KJFK
GMT=-4
NameTexture=MenuData/menu_text_airport_JFK.tga
MapTexture=MenuData/menu_map_jfk.tga
InfoTexture=MenuData/menu_new_game_info_JFK.tga
Runway=13L 405 52 31R
Runway=31R 440 52 13L
Runway=13R 333 250 31L
Runway=31L 368 250 13R
Runway=22R 522 131 4L
Runway=4L 522 165 22R
Runway=22L 621 133 4R
Runway=4R 621 169 22L

(copy and paste if you need) BUT PLEASE MAKE A COPY of your original file incase of any issues.

This may not fix your issue.. it solved mine.  Good luck.