The simFlight Network Forums

Problems creating new specific profile

I'm trying to create a new specific profile, but when I check the profile specific box, I only get a profile for an earlier created profile.

According to the manual I have to open FSUIPC, then go to the axis assignment tab, check profile specific box, click NO to create a new profile and then I have to click CANEL or NEW, but those options aren't there.

How can I create a new specific profile?

I'm trying to create a new specific profile, but when I check the profile specific box, I only get a profile for an earlier created profile.

According to the manual I have to open FSUIPC, then go to the axis assignment tab, check profile specific box, click NO to create a new profile and then I have to click CANEL or NEW, but those options aren't there.

How can I create a new specific profile?

If the currently loaded aircraft matches an existing profile, then that's it ... you already have one! If you want to separate that specific aircraft from a profile you already have it assigned to, you will have to exit FS and edit the INI file to delete its name from the [Profile. <profile name>] section in which it is listed. 

This is easy enough, but it isn't included in the on-line dialogue window because it is a rarely needed action and would overcomplicate the user interface for normal use.

Pete