The simFlight Network Forums

My Traffic 3D 54a blocking taxiways

Arismac

G'day Burkhard,

I have run into a small problem. If I tick MT to Enable in the Scenery Library many of my airports taxiways rendering vanishes. Untick and the rendering reappears. The best example I can offer is Changi (WSSS). I have tried several times and at least it is a consistant problem. Not all airports seem to be affected.

Cheers,

Mac

This will happen at any 3rd party airport in P3Dv2, which has been compiled using tools for FSX with a certain parameter set. As Burkhard has changed a lot of airports with insufficient parking to have more, then the problem will affect all the ones he has, or others have, altered over time.

What's happened is that Lockheed-Martin have enabled a function which was present, but not used, in the FSX SDK, to allow taxiway surfaces to be "visible", or "not visible". The default, critically, was "not visible", so now the option works as you'd expect it to, in P3Dv2, most 3rd party taxiways vanish!

In Scruffyduck's Airport Design Editor (ADE) versions released since P3Dv2.0, there is a simple conversion tool to set the taxiway properties to "visible" with a single click. That's a freeware alternative which will allow you to fix it yourself, or you can drop back to the default airport by disabling the MTX version (FSXPath/MyTraffic/scenery/ find any files with WSSS in the title and add ".passive" to the end after the .bgl).

Alternatively, you can wait for a P3Dv2 native version to be released. :)

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Ian P.
(One of many designers who has had to go in and fix all his flippin' airfields to work in P3Dv2 using ADE... Thanks for making it so simple 'Scruffyduck'! :) )

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, I could see the problem now and also verify how to fix it.

I propose that we make a community effort to change the airports - if one person changes all 2400 airports it will take ages. I will start with the airports with ICAO code ETxx.