The simFlight Network Forums

Maps in FSC

Hi,

I've worked with FSC for quite some time now and I think it's great! I do have a small wish though. I've tried Plan G, Efass and FSTramp and they all lack what FSC offers. But...  I think their maps are more beautiful than in FSC; especially Efass maps are great. Maybe it's possible to create maps like that for FSC version 9.6 or even 10.0? I surely don't like the Google Earth option in FSC. I've included an Efass example.

post-31101-0-16769300-1397989003.jpg

Theo, the problem is that most available (good) maps are only free for use as long as you do not use them in a commercial product. But to be honest, meanwhile I do not miss it at all in FSC. I use FSC for flightplanning and to do so rendition of towns with streets and houses or major roads on a greater scale isn't of any use. Look at enroute charts and you want see much more. And even a highend product like PFPX doesn't offer more then coastlines, rivers, lakes and country borders.

That might be different with VFR flying and planing a sightseeing tour.

• 2 weeks later...