The simFlight Network Forums

Writing to flight director offset from LUA

Dear Pete,

I am trying to switch on and off the flight director from LUA. I am trying the ipc.writeSB(2EE0,1) command but it prevents the LUA file from running. Am I missing something? 

I still didnt understand properly how to work with different offsets. From the FSUIPC4 Offsets Status.pdf I see that the 2EE0 offset is long "4" but how do I know which type of offset it is? Is somewhere the lehgth - to - type conversion table? I mean even if you help me with this one, how do I know which types are other offsets I will need (alternators, antiice,...)? U understand what is the length of an offset, but when I try logging them in FS I see the result of this 2EE0 is simply 1 or 0, so I would guess it will be the easiest of all the types, hm?

Pavel

I am trying to switch on and off the flight director from LUA. I am trying the ipc.writeSB(2EE0,1) command but it prevents the LUA file from running. Am I missing something? 

Lua won't understand 2EE0. It isn't a decimal number with E's in it! You either need to precede it with 0x (so 0x2EE0) to tell it that it is a hexadecimal number,, or quote it, like "2EE0". your choice.

I still didnt understand properly how to work with different offsets. From the FSUIPC4 Offsets Status.pdf I see that the 2EE0 offset is long "4" but how do I know which type of offset it is? Is somewhere the lehgth - to - type conversion table? I mean even if you help me with this one, how do I know which types are other offsets I will need (alternators, antiice,...)? U understand what is the length of an offset, but when I try logging them in FS I see the result of this 2EE0 is simply 1 or 0, so I would guess it will be the easiest of all the types, hm?

1 byte = 8 bits = byte

2 bytes = 16 bits = word

4 bytes = 32 bits = double word, or "DWORD"

8 bytes = 64 bits = quad word or "long long"

Also there are two floating point formats

4 byte = 32 bit float = "float"

8 byte = 64 bit float = "double"

Please see the FAQ subforum. There's a thread there about numbers.

Pete