The simFlight Network Forums

Embraer E Jet V2 175 - 195 Flight Director TO Mode

Oakley

I am struggling with what the Flight Director bars are commanding on departure in TO mode . Whether I set the speed control to FMS or set it to manual and dial in V2 + 10 , once airborne if I follow the flight director bars I accelerate to approximately 170 knots . Should it not command a pitch to maintain  something in the range of V2 +10 until I select a different vertical mode ( LVL CHG or VNAV ) at acceleration altitude ? I'd really appreciate some help with this .

Oakley

A little more detail , used a GW of 68320 and the values V1 - 125 , VR - 132 , V2 - 137 , VFS - 184 . With the speed mode in FMS , speed  on PFD shows V2 value of 137 . I also tried it with speed mode in manual dialing in a value of 147 , which is V2 + 10 . I believe the normal procedure with most carriers is to depart with the speed in manual mode and V2 + 10 dialed in . Either way taking off in TO mode  the vertical flight director bars will command a pitch to maintain a speed of approximately 168-170 kts . In this scenario it should command a pitch to maintain a speed of 147 , 157 if programmed to climb initially at V2 + 20 . Am I missing something ??

Oakley

• 4 weeks later...