The simFlight Network Forums

Fixing Bad FSC9 Install

Izmacca49

Hi FSC Team,

I'm using and really like FSC9, so my installation works - but it needs cleaning up. I accidentally installed it to the ROOT drive of one partition on a secondary HDD, i.e. not the C: Drive.  The FSC files are not in a folder, but mixed with various other files in that root directory. To make matters worse, somehow there is a COPY of each FSC file there as well. I don't remember how this happened - it happened about two years ago.

Anyway, I'd like to uninstall EVERYTHING and start again, but I can't find an uninstaller. FSC9 does not appear in XP's 'Add-Remove', and Revo does not see it either.  Does this mean that FSC9 (in this case) does not have a Registry entry?

Can I just delete the Copies of FSC9 files, then move the original files into a new FSC-9 folder? I guess that if there IS an entry in the XP registry, I can't do that. My search of the manual and these forums did not find any detailed information on how to uninstall and reinstall.

I'm sorry if I missed something.

Thanks,

Izmacca49

Hi Izmacca49,

Anyway, I'd like to uninstall EVERYTHING and start again, but I can't find an uninstaller.

FSC9 does not appear in XP's 'Add-Remove', and Revo does not see it either.  

Does this mean that FSC9 (in this case) does not have a Registry entry?

When the uninstall is missing and the FSCommander not appear in XP's 'Add-Remove' then many things went wrong.
Delete all files that relate to the FSCommander.

I recommend a new installation of the FSCommander.

Regards,

Volker

Hi Volker.  Thanks for your reply, which I understand. But I am wondering whether I need to look for FSC9 files in any other places? I installed the programme into the root directory of my K: Drive, which is a partition (or logical drive) on a secondary HDD - not the main HDD with the C: Drive.

Should I try to find any FSC files on the C: Drive, or any possible registry keys? Or should I just delete every FSC file I can identify in the K: Drive root directory?  I just want to be completely clear before I start to reinstall FSC9.

Entschuldigung, Volker. Ich spreche (und schreibe) nur ein Bisschen Deutsch.

Danke schon, und Grussen aus Australien.

Ian / Izmacca49

Hi Ian,

Of course you can also look at other locations for files of the FSCommander.

Under normal circumstances, the installation routine detects an existing installation of the FSCommander.

In this case, the routine offers two possibilities. Repair or uninstall the existing installation.

But as I said, only if the previous installation has only a few minor errors.

Give it a try, I keep my fingers crossed.

Volker

Hi Volker. Thanks again for your advice.  I will first try to find any stray files or obviously relevant registry entries, and then try a reinstall.  I think it will probably work, because even the current, weird installation does work!

Kind regards, Volker.

Ian, YMUR near YBCG, Australien.

(No need for a reply, Volker.)