The simFlight Network Forums

Finally got Version 2.2 working

Burkhard

Good news, I finally got version 2.2 running now. I will add a few other topics now to collect your Input/observations. Please add detailed comments, including sceen shots, detailed description of any issue you see.  

This list will accept Input until june 1st, to have a work list and a time estimate for the first beta by mid of june.

Please also submit content that you want to enter into the version supporting Prepar3D V2, paints and airport layouts, etc, by june 1st.

Copy the MyTraffic folder from your old sim to the new Prepar3D folder.

Open up AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v2\P3D.cfg and under the [Main] section add the following to UserObjects:  SimObjectPaths.9=MyTraffic\Aircraft.

Rename Prepar3Dv2\scenery\world\scenery\trafficAircraft.bgl to trafficAircraft.bgl.passive (this disables default AI).

Start up P3D. In the Scenery Library, add the MyTraffic folder to the Scenery Library and move it down so it's just above Propeller Objects.

Cheers,

Clayton

Thanks to Burkhard's comment below, I corrected the omission above. :P

Edited by Psybear

I have 5.4c and 3D 2.2. I cannot find any traffic. I have gone over and over the steps you have outlined and it never produces results. It's very frustrating to have a product for 4 months and not be able to use it!

Open up AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v2\P3D.cfg and under the [Main] section add the following to UserObjects:  SimObjectPaths.9=MyTraffic\Aircraft.

In my roaming folder I find not 1 but 4 different CFG files. Two for 3D and 2 for FSX. One says Prepar3d and the other says Prepar3d CFG. Same with FSX. A

all four are identical text files.  I do not have FSX anywhere on my hard drives. BUT, they all are the same as far as the SimObjects.9 goes. Spelled correctly and listed as #9. MyTraffic is listed in alphabetical order in my 3D main folder.

Rename Prepar3Dv2\scenery\world\scenery\trafficAircraft.bgl to trafficAircraft.bgl.passive (this disables default AI).

This is done. There are no aircraft at all except for the one addon I fly.

Start up P3D. In the Scenery Library, add the MyTraffic folder to the Scenery Library and move it down so it's just above Propeller Objects.

This is also placed in the correct location in the scenery folder. If I've done all this correctly, why don't I see MyTraffic?

P I C

Hi folks,

Have traffic running in P3D v2.2 - HOWEVER, "only" this version acted up big time.  Everything I did in the previous versions was done in v2.2.........but, Traffic 3D would not WORK!!!!!!

So, for whatever reason - I was looking in the Prepar3D.cfg file and just noticed - it was SimObjectsPath.9=MyTraffic\Aircraft..........and I remember the very FIRST TIME I installed Traffic3D, think

it was v. 1.3 - the SimObjectsPath.7=MyTraffic\Aircraft.  I thought, "what the heck", it's not working now, so I re-arranged the SimObjectsPaths' to have SimObjectsPath.7=MyTraffic\Aircraft, and moved the

other entries down by 1................................

Summary - IT WORKED AND IS STILL WORKING FINE.............go figure...........must not have liked "9" as the path.

Tom

PIC,

Click on the Start Button and try typing,  %appdata%  in the  Search programs and files box. This will take you to the proper Roaming folder under your current username. Then check to see if your prepar3d.cfg file has the modifications.

Clayton

It does that. But that's the same place I wind up when I start with C drive, Users, Thomas,  etc. No difference. Lockheed Martin-3d 2.2 and to the 3D CFG file. It's all there with MT listed at #9. I don't get it! I had Traffic 360 on there and it automatically listed itself as #10. It worked fine with no manual addtions to the scenery folder. Only problem is that 360 is an inferior product. I have the ICE AI on there no. It's free but very limited but it also installs itself. I would think that the products can't be that dissimilar in there design. Why will two products install themselves and MT won't?

Simple answer: Microsoft has stated explicitely to all developers that the mechanism inside FSX is the only allowed way to add scenery. If you install any addon that writes directly to scenery.cfg, you loose your support by Microsoft, it may work or may not, but nobody can help.

This product does not support Prepar3D V2 - I work on such a version but given the many little issues that need to be solved and the permanent changes in P3D V2 which require from 2.1 to 2.2 alone many 100 hours of work, I don't see any chance for a quick support.

MyTraffic 5.4 has been installed successfully by many users into P3DV2x, based in the information in this sub forum, and if you give a detailed report (including your config files as example) we can try to help you.  

So far the only problem I have had with 2.2 is that some airports have grass on the taxiways. Usually, when I find one, I go into the MYT folder and rename the bgl file. This restores the proper texture to the taxiway and, so far, hasn't seemed to cause any problems.

I am running FTXGlobal, FS Global 2012 and FTX Vector for scenery.

Vic

MyTraffic 5.4 has been installed successfully by many users into P3DV2x, based in the information in this sub forum, and if you give a detailed report (including your config files as example) we can try to help you. 

Can you tell me exactly what it is you're looking for and where I can find it?

From your user profile:

The file

%appdata%\roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V2\Prepar3D.cfg

From the all user profile:

users\all users\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V2\scenery.cfg

Please zip them and add them here.

Then check that in the MyTraffic\scenery Folder you have created the three big My...bgl files, among them MyTrafficcommercial.bgl, during installation.

Check that all the aircraft folders have been created under MyTraffic\aircraft, almost 10GB in size.

If one of this failed during installation, we have to see if you have suffient control over your PC. 

Please also tell us which other addons you have installed.

This should give us a start point.

Here we go.

I included the MT scenery folder as well. I don't see the MyTrafficcommercial.bgl in that scenery folder or in the 3D world scenery folder. I could have missed it. The MT aircraft folder is listed at 9.50 GB. As far as I can tell, all MT aircraft are also listed in the 3D Simobjects/aircraft folder. I got no errors when loading MT as far as the aircraft or scenery go. In the past I have hit re-run and I would get one aircraft error  [Antov] and one scenery install error, but none on the initial install.

For addons I have, Orbx Iceland demo, Accu-feel, Twin Otter Extended, Active Sky Next with AS2012 and ICE AI traffic. All products have the latest updates. I've had no luck installing MT with no other addons at all, just the first addon after install 3D 2.2 My Users files are on my C drive, 3D is on my J drive. I have 4 users/group names on my C drive and I have full permission of it. Same on my J drive.

Prepar3D.CFG.zip

scenery.zip

Hi, we do not need the scenery Folder itself, what we need ti know is if in MyTraffic\scenery there are the three big file starting with My, among them MyTrafficCommercial.bgl . If it isn't, then we are already near to the root of the problem.

The config file looks fine. The Name of what you sent is .cfg.txt - please make sure that prepar3d.cfg ist identical to the one you send.

The scenery.cfg does not contain an entry for MyTraffic, so MyTraffic has not been added as scenery - so it cannot work. Please add MyTraffic as scenery from Prepar3D, I think this will solve the problem.  

I cannot find any large bgl's in MyTraffic/scenery at all. The largest bgl's in there are around 20kb that I can tell. I see nothing beginning with MyTraffic. In alphabetical order in scenery it goes from LTFE_ADEX_hf_1_CVX to PHOG README.

Both 3D cfg files are identical as far as I can tell. They certainly are in the Main Section where I have MyTraffic/Aircraft list as #9 in both.

I not sure what you mean by adding MT to scenery. I go into the 3D scenery file, add MT and move it down to just above prop objects.

I cannot find any large bgl's in MyTraffic/scenery at all. The largest bgl's in there are around 20kb that I can tell. I see nothing beginning with MyTraffic. In alphabetical order in scenery it goes from LTFE_ADEX_hf_1_CVX to PHOG README.

Both 3D cfg files are identical as far as I can tell. They certainly are in the Main Section where I have MyTraffic/Aircraft list as #9 in both.

I not sure what you mean by adding MT to scenery. I go into the 3D scenery file, add MT and move it down to just above prop objects.

1.  Try looking in FSX\World\Scenery...you may also find the MyTraffic*.bgl files there.  Also, if your MyTraffic/Scenery folder is not "activated" in the scenery library, no MTX AI traffic will appear.

2.  The two cfg files have different names...one ends in ".cfg" and the other ends in ".cfg.txt".  You need to set your Windows options to display file extensions so you can tell the difference. The ".cfg.txt" file is unimportant.

3,  You may have added and positioned the MT Scenery folder, but have you "activated" it?