The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

Prepar3d V2 - scenery issues

Please put any observation of issues/incompatibilities with airports here. Make the desciption detailed, and add screen shots of what you see. 

Before you refer to fourth party airports, make sure that the priority of those airports is above MyTraffic priority, and that simple deletion of the MyTraffic bgl for this airport does not solve the problem. 

Here come the first 600+ redone airports for P3D V22. Just replace the files in MyTraffic\scenery by those you find in this archive. Most of them just have the visibility bit fixed, but others also got changes to the parkings etc.

Please report here if you find anything, especially missing terminal buildings.

Download

www.fsrail.com/Scenery_V22.zip

I'm looking forward to the Prepar3D v2 installer. When Prepar3Dv2.4 comes out before you are finished, do you have to recompile again?

To Myunderstanding all 2.x versions are free incremental updates. Ir took me rather long though to get 2.3 running, hopefully 2.4 will go better.

If going from 2.3 to 2.4 means 5 minutes work or 20000 hours of work we have to see...

Just the extra work on airports that the changes from 2.1 to 2.2 required is done now, took about 6 months... 

When I say test I mean that I will check on a handful of airports if they work properly. With AI needing 40 minutes to really come to flow, every test takes days, and a series of tests takes weeks...

Sorry, I figured the P3D V2,2, 2,3 and 2.4 would all be the same for MyTraffic.
In other words, you would not have to spend months updating between each P3D update.

You mentioned on 20Sept2014 :
Happy to announce, that today I got through with the redo of all airports for P3D V22+ - 4 months of awfull work

You mentioned on 24Sept2014
I will upload soon, just a few more tests.

But I did not see a link to the download files for MyTraffic for P3D v22?

Here ist Comes, the updated airports for P3D V2. Not only all airports have been changed for the chnages, but quite some also got changes in the parkings to reflect traffic pattern changes.

Please download  www.fsrail.com/Scenery.zip and replace the airport files in MyTraffic\scenery by these.

Note These airports should also work in FSX and P3DV1.

If you see any iregularities, mainly missing terminal buildings, please post this here asap. 

Greetings,

CYYZ: It looks as though the now demolished Terminal 2 still has jetways and AI parked. I have uploaded a screenshot.

Thanks

Graham

post-23902-0-84988600-1412572303_thumb.p

No...the terminal that is missing, should be missing. Terminal 2 is gone. However, there are jetways and aircraft parked at the 'former' terminal. Where you see the jetways and planes at the missing terminal, there shouldn't be anything.

Thanks

Graham

:"Here ist Comes, the updated airports for P3D V2. Not only all airports have been changed for the chnages, but quite some also got changes in the parkings to reflect traffic pattern changes."

Is this meaning ok for P3D

V2.0

V2.1

V2.2

v2.3

v2.4

These changes are required since P3D V2.2 . I also checked in 2.3. 2.4 I didn't have yet the time to run any tests - I can either test new P3D versions every few months or continue to develop MyTraffic - more than one changed simulator per two years is an absolute addon development killer.

With so many versions of P3D is is hard to understand where your program "installer"  is installing your software properly and supported / working properly.

I wonder how many pilots still have old versions of P3D installed?

Because you are spending a lot of time fixing your software for "all" previous versions of P3D.

I am current at P3D V 2.4

Actually, my specific question:

Does your current product installer setup file install your software automatically to P3D v2.4?

• Upvote 1

On the product description page it is clearly stated that the current version requires Prepar3D V1.4 . Since last winter I work on a version for Prepar3D V2, which was intended for release this summer. The changes between V2.1 and V2.2 added another 6 months to this. If further changes by LM (after 2.3) require further changes, it is impossible to make any time estimate.

"On the product description page it is clearly stated that the current version requires Prepar3D V1.4"

Yes, P3D v1.4 older version since August 2012.

But, now that new versions of P3D are current the SimMarket (and other selling vendors) ads need to indicate specific information about version supported.

The SimMarket ad (screenshot)  just says Requires: P3D ... So I would think it is for all P3D versions. Should say "for P3D version 1.4 only"

post-10883-0-81532400-1413044352_thumb.j