The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

Prepar3D V2 - content submission

Please, if you want to add paints or airport layouts to be included into the next MyTraffic version add them here. If you cannot upload them here, contact me. 

I've tweaked a lot of the cfgs to match their correct wingspan and parking codes. Do you want me to submit those? I don't mind it. May conflict with some of the mytraffic afcads, though, as some of the airlines weren't given their correct code (e.g., US Airways = AWE, not USA). Some will further change in the near future (e.g., US Airways will need to become AWE, AAL now that the merger is finalized). 

I would be very interested in , especially since I have been trying my hardest to correct the horribly wrong contact points and door points on most of the aircraft i.e. a/c parking way too far back in their bay, jetways connecting in mid air in front of the a/c (DC9) and touchdown smoke happening meters in front or behind the a/c.

Just as a side note, US Airways does in actual fact use AWE as their parking code and "CACTUS" as their callsign, this all came from the America West merger, the old US Air, used the code USA and the callsign "US AIR" it might be better to make the line read: atc_parking_codes=AWE,USA or especially now since the American merger, they could say atc_parking_codes=AAL,AWE,USA to make sure the aircraft park correctly with Addon airports aswell :smile:

SInce we speak about a product with release about autumn and airport layouts to be used between 2015 and 2020, I think AAL for all aircraft and all parkings is the right way.

I would be very interested in , especially since I have been trying my hardest to correct the horribly wrong contact points and door points on most of the aircraft i.e. a/c parking way too far back in their bay, jetways connecting in mid air in front of the a/c (DC9) and touchdown smoke happening meters in front or behind the a/c.

Just as a side note, US Airways does in actual fact use AWE as their parking code and "CACTUS" as their callsign, this all came from the America West merger, the old US Air, used the code USA and the callsign "US AIR" it might be better to make the line read: atc_parking_codes=AWE,USA or especially now since the American merger, they could say atc_parking_codes=AAL,AWE,USA to make sure the aircraft park correctly with Addon airports aswell :smile:

I'd be willing to split updating the .cfg's with you or anyone else that would like to focus on them. Might be easier to divvy it up somehow so that each of us can concentrate on a certain a/c manufacturer and specialize. 

I work for a payware airport dev doing afcad work and my own freeware on the side, so correct ai cfg's are very important to me when it comes to parking assignments.