The simFlight Network Forums

Respawning AI Aircraft

ysfsim

Is there a way for non UT2 users to have a predicted AI be respawned at the gate automatically. I know I can do it manually but it would be better  if it was done on auto by STB. I ask because I use a program called AISIDSTARS which allows AI to follow published SIDs, STARs and approach procedures. It bypasses fsx controls so Ai don't have landing clearance and hence they are deleted after roll out is complete. It would be great if STB respawns the deleted ai. Can it be done? UT2 can do it but it has some other problems why I don't use it.

Thx

It may be possible, I'll need to have a look into it. Can you provide me a link to AISIDSTARS? Just to set your expectation, it will be a couple of weeks before I can get to this, things are rather busy.

Simon

sure thing. I am at work right now but you can go to the avsim forums and search. The author goes by the username " Clipper ocean spray". He periodically updates the program on his posts so you will have to look to the most recent pages to get the current copy. I will send the link later Sunday evening eastern time when I get home if you find it first. Thx

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I tried this out tonight and apart from some crazy depatures with aircraft flying impossible bank angles and even inverted, the program seemed to be doing it's job.  On arrivals everything worked normally.  Aircraft would land, roll out, taxi in, park at the gate.  Nothing was deleted at any point.  Am I doing something wrong?

Simon

Ok, I tried this out tonight and apart from some crazy depatures with aircraft flying impossible bank angles and even inverted, the program seemed to be doing it's job. On arrivals everything worked normally. Aircraft would land, roll out, taxi in, park at the gate. Nothing was deleted at any point. Am I doing something wrong?

Simon

ya the author is working on these issues, updates are periodic though. What airport did you test it on? The reason the ai is forced by the program to be deleted is because at most airports, the air does not cross fsx's final approach fix thus no landing clearance. The program would land the ai while fsx thinks it is still enroute. If the program did not delete the ai, it would remain on the runway until fsx deletes it due to inactivity. You were fortunate to have a Star that coensides with fsx final approach fix. I have found that kgla is like that. Try lax. Your program can place ai at the gate to be ready for the next departure. It can also read ahead if the ai future routes. All I would like is for your program to spawn any ai the should be at a certain airport at a certain time. That would be great. Thx I really enjoy your program

Not to be funny but shouldn't AISIDSTARS be doing what you are asking for, it seems odd that you would ask another developer to fix some random developers broken software. Seems a bit wasteful of resources, especially if this other developer is still working on the program, he may fix the problem thus wasting Simon's time.

Not to be funny but shouldn't AISIDSTARS be doing what you are asking for, it seems odd that you would ask another developer to fix some random developers broken software. Seems a bit wasteful of resources, especially if this other developer is still working on the program, he may fix the problem thus wasting Simon's time.

actually he can't for fsx. Simconnect appearantly won't allow anyone to change the state of the ai. Its not that his program is broken either. This is actually a work around I'm looking for especially seeing what stb can do.If you use uut2, it would respawn the deleted ai by itself. I who uses woai, don't have this feature due to fsx limitations. Stb is my only hope.

On a side note: let Simon determine if this is a waste if his time not you. Thank you.

I tested at EGLL.  Why can't the developer do what I would do, delete and recreate the AI?  Most likely the reason is he does not have an infrastucture for understanding schedules.  Well at least he could recreate at the gate, that's not difficult at all.

Simon

I tested at EGLL. Why can't the developer do what I would do, delete and recreate the AI? Most likely the reason is he does not have an infrastucture for understanding schedules. Well at least he could recreate at the gate, that's not difficult at all.

Simon

that's right his program can't read schedules.

I think the program has excellent potential but needs to solve a few challenges if it can, such as the upside down and banking aircraft.  If it can, I'll take another look at that time.  Otherwise it's a major programming project to add support, and I can't take those on at the present time with everything else that's happening.

Sorry, I know you'll be disappointed with that answer.

Simon

I think the program has excellent potential but needs to solve a few challenges if it can, such as the upside down and banking aircraft. If it can, I'll take another look at that time. Otherwise it's a major programming project to add support, and I can't take those on at the present time with everything else that's happening.

Sorry, I know you'll be disappointed with that answer.

Simon

OK. I thought it was going to be just a matter of adding a few lines of code. The reason I came to you was because I noticed that if I right click on a line on the departures page, I have an option to spawn the ai at the gate to depart if it is not there. I was just hoping that your program can just respawn any ai that should be present at its gate but is not, automatically.

Thx for taking time out.