The simFlight Network Forums
Master58

My Traffic 5.4c, fatal error with FSX

Hi I have just purchased My Traffic Prof 5.4c from Simarket a few days ago, after reading that it was a good AI Traffic program.

I down loaded and installed it, following the instructions carefully and completing all the steps required.

I started FSX at a busy airport and had plenty of AI traffic so I was happy with the results and adjust the sliders to get the best resaults with my frame rates..........so far so good.

Now the trouble starts. I mostly fly in the ORBX NA regions so I conducted several local flights at various locations with different aircraft and around 60% of them ended with a fatal error in FSX, either while I was still on the ground or about 10 minutes into a flight?????? (both my sliders were set at 25%).

So I came over to these forums and after hours of reading through them I discovered that 5.4c has issues with crashing and some members had fixed the issue by reverting back to the 2012 schedules, from the 2013 schedules that are installed with 5.4c. Which actually reverts My Traffic Professional back to 5.4b..........

Anyway I went back to 2012 and after 5 test flights I have not had one fatal error happen to me.

So I can say for sure that there is an issue in the 2013 schedules.

I have looked for a patch for this problem but as far as I can see there is none available for 5.4c.

I hope you find a fix to this annoying problem.........

Best regards

Several people have spent man years now to identify the problem, unfortunately without success:

One can prove that there is no problem with any of the schedules

One can prove that all airports are OK

One can prove that all aircraft are OK.

Unfortunately, there is some combination of things that lead to these crashes, and this is not reproducable... We continue...

Just so I'm clear, are you guys saying we basically shouldn't use the 2013 schedules and just use the 2012s? Are should we actually revert back to a prior version of MTX -- like 5.4b or prior?  I'm literally JUST setting it up right now after having purchased it yesterday so I haven't experienced a crash first hand yet ... but should I pretty much expect to?  :-/

Yes do what WallysWorld suggests, because that is exactly what I have done and have not had a crash or fatal error yet useing the 2012 schedules............

But it is a shame the 2013 schedules have issues.

Good evening all,

This has been a very helpful topic.  I have been using the 2013 schedules but these have not worked and I have had nothing but problems.  While I had ai traffic at all airports and they would take off, very few ai traffic arrived at any airport, and when they did, they overshot the runway and wouldn't land.  Before I installed MTX 52c I never had this problem. 

I reverted back to the 2012 schedules last night and I tried 3 airports, egll, egph and egcc and the problem no longer exists and all is working perfectly.  Shame about the 2013 schedules though.  I hope that the next update works better.  But, what a fantastic product overall though.

Regards.

The schedules have nothing to do with the behaviour of aircraft on the airport - at least as FSX is programmed.

Your information for me is very interesting, it supports my theory that there is a bug in a middle layer ( Direct Draw, driver or so) that under unknown, special conincidences overwrite FSX code itself, thus leading to changes in what FSX does, and sometimes to crashes. But if this is true the thousands of hours spent to isolate the problem with 5.4c just could not give any result...