The simFlight Network Forums

FSCommander Rebuilds Itself

Hello,

I'm running:

1. FS X
2. FSUIPC* / WideFS version 9.321
3. FS Commander and Database Manager version and build used:  9.5.1 w/hotfix dtd 4 May 2014

4. Navgraph AIRAC Cycle 1405
5. Download version from your website
6. Operating System - Win 8.1

About every other time I start FSCommander, the system rebuilds the data base and creates a new FSCDbManager icon.  Although this action doesn't seem to affect anything, it's bothersome and time consuming.

Any ideas?

Jim Driskell

Volker,

I uninstalled and reinstalled FSC but the problem still persists.  Every once in a while, the program starts with "Please wait while Windows configures FSC".  After this, everything works fine.  Any ideas?

Jim Driskell

Hi Jim,

I've used the weekend and discussed with our beta testers and many users the problem. None was aware of this problem.
Have you read this document?

http://forum.simflight.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=100028
If the installation was carried out according to these recommendations?

Did you try to install the program under WIN 8.1 in compatibility mode?

Volker

Hi Volker,

I uninstalled and reinstalled FSC again yesterday following the instructions (I always install stuff "Run as administrator).  I turned off UAC as soon as I got this new machine.  I installed it in its own directory on a SSD drive (i:\ drive) that's used exclusively for FSX.  My system an other stuff is on my c;\ drive.  Previously I had installed FSC in the root directory of FSX.  I think this may have been the problem but don't know why.  So far I haven't had any more problems but will let you know if I do.  I'll be out of town for a couple of weeks so I won't have a chance to really shake out the system until I return.  Thanks for your help.

Jim Driskell