The simFlight Network Forums

Button Screen

Greetings

I am using the WideFS button screen. It is excellent. It just works...like everything else associated with FSUIPC. I do have a question. The answer seems obvious, but I've been wrong before :) The number of buttons available is generous, but limited. OK. I want to set up buttons for each of the aircraft I'll fly and probably a generic set. That will probably exceed the limit. Now if I created a second WideClient ini file (identical except for the button setup), would FSUIPC know? Would it care? That would effectively double the button count.

I can hear the question "why not set up buttons you can use for various aircraft". When I was younger and faster; and had a memory, I probably would have. Now I need to make it as simple as possible.

Thanks

Graham

The number of buttons available is generous, but limited. OK. I want to set up buttons for each of the aircraft I'll fly and probably a generic set. That will probably exceed the limit.

I can hear the question "why not set up buttons you can use for various aircraft". When I was younger and faster; and had a memory, I probably would have. Now I need to make it as simple as possible.

Thanks

Graham

It is limited to the number of virtual buttons available for assignment in FSUIPC -- 288.

Now if I created a second WideClient ini file (identical except for the button setup), would FSUIPC know? Would it care? That would effectively double the button count.

I fear you misunderstand something. The button functions are defined by how you assign them in FSUIPC, not by anything in WideClient. You can use bigger buttons with multiple labels on each (eg two lines on each label). The assignment of the functions in FSUIPC can be profile specific, so change function according to profile. For all FSUIPC cares you can simply number the buttons in WideClient and refer to a book to see which does what.

Pete