The simFlight Network Forums

Cannot Install FlightSim Commander 9.5

Hi, Am looking to purchase 'Flight Sim Commander' as it seems to be highly rated with the flight sim community. Am new to FSX and trying to get the best from sim navigation. Have an ok machine I think
(6 core AMD FX 6300, New ASUS M5 A97 MB, GForce GTX 750Ti, 32GiG DDR3 Ram, 850W Corsair RM PSU, 2 x 28inch 1920 x 1080 ASUS monitors and Saitek X52 Pro) which i hope good enough? Also have a networked Intel i5 backup system for panel builder both running Win7 Pro OS.(all drivers up to date). Bought FSX accelerated and X-Plane 10, but X-Plane is a bit more complicated setting up so I am not using it at the moment. Am getting very near to retirement age and think flight simming will give me lots of fun and Interest for the future (however long that may be..lol ) I have played a number of combat flight sims over the years and now want to do some simming of a less frantic nature.

I downloaded the latest trial FlightSim Commander 9.5 and tried to install it on my system, It ran the install ok but after the initial loading screen of the database manager which found the FSX directory in
the default path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator and performed the 'Update Airports from FSX it will not allow me to go any further. I get the error message: 'FSCDb manager,
Run-Time error '75': Path/File access error. I have tried 3 times to load the database files but just get the same error message.

I have the standard configuration for FSX with one addon addition OrbxFTXAUSSP4 scenery pack for Australia. Any help getting the FlightSim Commander installed correctly so I can test it before purchase, would be greatly appreciated. I have no other issues with FSX or any other programs on either of my systems so maybe the Orbx scenery is erroring the install.
Cheers in advance
NB

Thank you Volker, my mistake for not reading the instructions properly. Everything has installed fine now and I am very impressed with the wealth of aids in the program to help me plan flights better, I will certainly be buying this great program.

Again thank you for your help.

NB