The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ofentress

Invalid flight plan

This is the first time I've run across this in a long time.

I created a flight plan from KBOS to CYHZ. Added Sid & stars, plan looked fine. Saved and printed. Checked the printed waypoints with the actual plan - everything OK.

Fired up FSX, loaded PMDG 777 at gate B 34.  Opened the FMC, did the usual pre-business and attemtped to enter the plan as a company plan.  Message on FSM says - Invalid Flight plan.

Shut down everything, checked FSC and double checked flight plan.  No apparent problems.  Tried again - same problem. Then, I added KBOS and CYHZ indiviually and when I checked the plan, every waypoint between the end of the Sid and the beginning of the Star was missing.

This is one I can't figure  out.

Jack Fentress

Volker........

Re my previous post, I failed to mention  that I tried this plan on a PMDG 737 after the problems with the 777.  Same airport etc.  Everything worked as it should.

Jack

Hi Jack,

don't save the flightplan into the PMDG flightplan folder including the SID and STAR;

after loading the plan as a company plan into the FMC select the SID and STAR via the DEP/ARR INDEX inside the FMC.

Regards

Michael

Hi Jack,

if a PMDG plan is saved, the following message appears:

"Saving Flight Plan include SID's, Star's and Transition for PMDG?"

"IMPORTANT!!! PMDG NGX User must answer 'NO'!"

This message is based on an announcement of Captain Robert S. Randazzo

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/355959-weekend-update-09dec11-ngx-sp1b-updates-available/

Regards,

Volker

Volker.............

I do remember R.R.s memo but,why does the flight plan with sid & stars load for the 737?

I'll do a 777 test and we'll see what happens.

Jack