The simFlight Network Forums

PTT switch assignment

Hello

I've assigned a switch to PTT in FSUIPC but it doesn't work when connected to SB.

SB is installed on a client machine, and I have recently migrated from FS9 to FSX. I never had a problem in FS9.

I have carried out what I believe are sufficient checks to rule out the obvious, for example, Volume levels, switch is recognised in FSUIPC when pressed.

SB does in fact connect because I can hear ATC and on-line players transmissions, and I can send and receive text messages, although I never see any other players aircraft or the comms window

on my FSX machine. (Don't know whether there's a clue here)?

In the drop down menu I always assigned the switch to PTT for SB3. This is still the case with FSX. I have Simconnect installed on the client machine and other programmes  installed on this machine that require

Simconnect are connecting. I've also tried starting WideFS (as previously used with FS9) but this makes no difference, and I believe I shouldn't need to use Wide FS for this purpose anyway?

Can you help please? Thank you

Regards

Alan W

I've assigned a switch to PTT in FSUIPC but it doesn't work when connected to SB.

SB is installed on a client machine, and I have recently migrated from FS9 to FSX. I never had a problem in FS9.

I have carried out what I believe are sufficient checks to rule out the obvious, for example, Volume levels, switch is recognised in FSUIPC when pressed.

SB does in fact connect because I can hear ATC and on-line players transmissions, and I can send and receive text messages, although I never see any other players aircraft or the comms window

on my FSX machine. (Don't know whether there's a clue here)?

I don't know SB at all, neither SB3 nor SB4, but I always thought part of it had to be run on the FS PC? I know SB4 uses Simconnect, but aren't there still some DLL modules which need to load directly into the FS process?

There are two ways to talk to SB4. For PTT one is by the ex "Roger Wilco" messages, sent directly to the SB process. And that part, I think, is the same for both SB3 and SB4. For a Networked PC that's handled by WideClient. You don't say anything about having WideClient on your SB PC though?

SB4 also uses Client Data, which works through SimConnect, but I've a feeling FSUIPC only uses that method for the transponder mode and ident actions.

Pete