The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
barrykensett

Running P3D alongside FSX

I have been running FSC with FSX satisfactorily for some time. Having moved to P3D v2.2 there are a couple of interesting issues.

1. I run across network and for FSX I have always set up a network drive (z:) for the FSX folder and the DBmanager finds it OK and updates. If I try to do the same for P3D the option to setup a network drive is not there (right click the P3D folder). I therefore cannot run DBmanager pointing at P3D.

2. Many of my add-on sceneries are for FSX and do not load into P3D. I know about the EMT but I simply point to the sceneries in FSX from the scenery library of P3D which works fine. To run the DBmanager I point it to the FSX folder as that is where most of the add on sceneries are but in due course there will be a need to migrate to P3D but problem 1 above is an obstacle.

I know in this transitional stage that I am running a compromise but is anyone else going through the same process with anything to share?

Barry

FSX & Prepar3D (v2) 
FSUIPC4 
WIDEFS7 
FSCOMMANDER 9.5
AIRAC latest Navigraph
WINDOWS 7 (64 BIT)