The simFlight Network Forums

Traffic Disappearing on Final

Erik550c

Hello,

I've started to see, or rather hear, about GA traffic disappearing on final.  They'll announce downwind, base, and final, and sometimes I hear the plane but none will land.  I finally saw a plane come in and land from final, and moments after landing the plane disappeared.  Happened four or five times last night.  EDIT: Just now as I submitted this post, a jet made it half-way down the runway and disappeared.

What can I do?

Erik

It means there are no available parking spots at the airport the traffic is landing at. I've noticed that the airports that Orbx include with their UK Regional products don't have much parking compared to the ones that Burkhard supplies with MTX, so the schedules have a lot more planes flying that the airports can handle, without a parking spot the AI will disappear as soon as they are handed over to ground ATC.

It means there are no available parking spots at the airport the traffic is landing at. I've noticed that the airports that Orbx include with their UK Regional products don't have much parking compared to the ones that Burkhard supplies with MTX, so the schedules have a lot more planes flying that the airports can handle, without a parking spot the AI will disappear as soon as they are handed over to ground ATC.

I have Orbx regions too, but have had my traffic turned down pretty low.  If I turn them up to start getting more a realistic experience, is there a way to change your settings somehow in the My Traffic Editor section?  I can't remember now, but somewhere in one the long manuals I thought it mentnioned how to limit / expand the number of flights going into/out of a specific airport.  (Was a tad confused though.)

That makes sense.  That day the airport had many planes parked.  Thanks.

I have Orbx regions too, but have had my traffic turned down pretty low.  If I turn them up to start getting more a realistic experience, is there a way to change your settings somehow in the My Traffic Editor section?  I can't remember now, but somewhere in one the long manuals I thought it mentnioned how to limit / expand the number of flights going into/out of a specific airport.  (Was a tad confused though.)

It can be done, but it's not for the faint of heart.  Haven't done it quite some time...if I remember correctly, it required editing something like an "activity factor"  in an airports file (don't recall the exact name).  I believe this is set to .7 by default.  Then importing that file into the MyTraffic Database, and then regenerating all the schedules with the new airport information.  I'm sure I read about it in the manual...look at editing airports.

The official way MyTraffic recommends is to use the FSX SDK "Dump airport" feature, then import the output into MyTraffic editor. This way the database learns about all the airports you have installed and active, not those I supplied for you. Then create new schedules and they will adapt to your installed scenery.