The simFlight Network Forums
maplehurst

schedules & due time is only being showed as ??.?? on main screens

further info

I have uninstalled UT2, reinstalled and checked but still giving the same results, installed new Summer/Fall 2013 schedules and again no change still the ??.??

The history of STB is that I originally had STB running OK but the update crashed out and produced a dump file. This was forwarded to STB. The outcome was I was supplied with this version :- STB_V32_FSX_3.2.1.7.4345_setup

Considering that STB in its current version is able to pick up all data perfectly ( except flight times) demonstrates that UT2 is providing data. It is hard to believe that just flight times have been corrupted.

Hope this helps as I cannot do more on my side

Michael

Are you familiar with the "CTRL+ALT+S" procedure in FSX that is required to have UT2 send data to STB?  It's not just the flight times, it's the "to" airport in a lot of cases also.  In your screenshot, I don't see any evidence that UT2 is transmitting, there should be a message in the box at the bottom to confirm this.

Simon

1) I am not familiar with this command and cannot find any mention of this on the web. It makes no difference to the problem. UT2 must be 'talking to FSX' otherwise I would not be getting any data.

2) the column showing TO also has ??.?? until the a/c is actually in FINAL CALL mode

hopes this helps

Michael

There's a whole chapter about it in the user guide about UT2, please review it.

You'll discover that UT2 does not provide any scheduling information to FSX, so in turn FSX cannot provide it to STB.  Flight1 kindly provided a facility for UT2 to talk directly to STB to provide the missing information.  It's that part that I am talking about.  Everything you describe demonstrates that UT2 is not talking directly to STB.  The user guide tells you how to set it up and use it.

Simon

thank you for taking the time and patience in trying to help

Yes I have read that chapter and using the hot key did not start up the communications between UT2 and STB - no messages at all. I did notice the following and I have fired off a message to the UT forum with this msg

My FSX Add-ons Ultimate Traffic drop-down menu is missing the following line

Toggle Transmission to STB ( control-shift +S)

Neither does the hot key control-shift +S work

If you have further thoughts - great. I will also keep you informed as to any response I receive from the UT forum.

so annoying !

Michael

UT2 is not configured correctly for STB.  Please rerun the STB configuration wizard and ensure you select "Activate UT2 Server Side Support".  You can rerun the wizard from the Configuration Menu.  If you are running STB and FSX on separate computers, please advise as the procedure is slightly different.

Simon

Simon, you are a bloody hero

reran config wizard, interesting that all the options were already ticked

and hey I have a great STB

my thanks for your patience

Michael

Fantastic!  It was ticked because it found UT2 on your system rather than any reflection of the deployment state, and assumed you'd want it set up.

Simon

It means your dll.xml file does not contain valid XML, something has corrupted it.  Send it to me and I'll see if I can fix it.

Simon