The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
coolgovind180

ctd crash !!!

Hey guys....

Yesterday while I was going from Zagreb to schipol I got 2 times ctd error once while cruising and another during descent!!! In order to confirm whether the crash is occurring on the same route I flew the second time, the same route , same time and similar conditions!! And this happened...and after installing my traffic x ppl are complaining about ctd's and now even I am getting one!! 2 times continuously!! Is there any solution to this?? I didn't get this error on any other route and before installing my traffic 5.4 c I have never got ctd....is there no fix to this problem?? Pls help...

Guys flew today 2 more times one at a different time and another without my weather engine !!! Still it crashed indicating tht this is nit due to my weather engine and is happening on the same route again and again...!! Pls help

Could you zip and upload the flight situation that leads to crashes? Then many users could try to repeat. We investes many years of work into these crashes, but did not find anything reproducable.

i have not saved the flight situation ...but i can definitely confirm...that i did the flight from LDZA(zagreb) to EHAM(schipol) 4 times at different times (mostly night) and all the 4 times it resulted in crash at different points in the flight. Out of these 4 ..i did 1 flight without ASN and still it crashed. I have never experienced CTD before installing My traffic x..so i am concluding some combination of my traffic x and 5.4C in this particular route is causing the crash.

To those users who would like to repeat this flight, Use vroute to generate a flight plan between LDZA and EHAM for crusing altitude of FL290. only a single flight plan is avaliable. then load tht flight plan in fsx and do the flight to see whether others are seeing the crash like me. Also i have to say i used time acceleration in all the 4 cases (max 4x, for a very short time)...can this also lead to CTD?

PS: in no other route, did i have CTD even on using time accleration.I have no idea y this particular route is having this problem.

Also Burkhard...u had mentioned about a patch released to 5,.4C...Does this patch fix the CTD issue in MTX5.4C?? in tht case i will run the patch and see...also i am not wishing to change to 2012 schedule...so please find a fic to this crash problem so that i can continue using 2012 schedule.

PS: yesterday night i did a flight from zagreb to hamburg and even after having a GO around and thn land...no crash occured, which concludes that zagreb -schipol route is causing crashes!!and the crash is not at a particular point but at different phases of the flight(sometimes during descent, sometimes at cruise).

Please help.

Govind

An AI addon can only create crashes when an AI aircraft comes into your reality bubble that causes this. A known way to create such crashes is a wrong model= entry in the config file, but I'm very sure there is no such beast in 5.4c.

The instructions for the patches are:

Please apply the patch as described here:

Please put the file Patches54c.exe in the attached archive into MyTraffic\MyTrafficAircraftInstallers.

Next please delete the Folders in MyTraffic\aircraft:

B732MX\texture.My213

B735\texture.My73

B737\texture.My85

B738\texture.My132 and 133

B788\texture.My07

and now run Patches54c.exe with a double click. Fingers crossed... 

Attached Files

Burkhard i haven't deleted the below folders will i need to do this?

I've ran your patch and its been weeks with no crashes :) will i still remove these -

B732MX\texture.My213

B735\texture.My73

B737\texture.My85

B788\texture.My07

Burkhard....i continuously had ntdll.dll crashes in fsx for past 3 days...!! the crash increased after applying a patch(not the above given one, one downloaded from fsrail.com)....The flight was not even loaded and before itself it crashed with ntdll.dll error!

as the fsx loads to 100% immediately it crashes...all with ntdll.dll error. So i decided to disable my traffic x and then guess what no more crashes!

So i decided to install SDK finally to change the schedule to 2012 schedule , did a fresh reinstall of my traffic x and then again guess what...the crash no more appeared...no n3dll.dll error...i did not had the crash with 2013 schdule for about many days and all of a sudden it started from the last three days....

i had to change the schedule top rectify this and even following 3 continuous n3dll.dll crash..my pc itseld switched off..then i switrched it again and it worked fine...

There is some serious error in my traffic x 2013 schedule...so i kindly ask burkhard to release a newer version rectifying all these error and enabling us to use 2013 schedule....

as of now i am running fsx on 2012 schedule...i hope no crash occurs!

*fingers crossed*

PS: the cause of this n3dll.dll error is completely unknown!!! and non reproducable...some people have it , others dont, and for some it starts all of a sudden like mine...and then keeps on appearing..

Hello everybody,

I recently also installed MTX Pro 5.4c and I also got these ntdll errors with the 2013 schedule.

I state that, because switching to 2012 solved the issues.

It's a pitty that you don't have the actual germanwings logo, then...

I hope there is a solution soon!

Kind regards,

Chris

Well, just a short report:

I decided to try the patch mentioned above.

I followed the steps described in #5, still I noticed that there are no B735, B737 and so on folders, but B735MX, B737MX, ...

I guess those are the right ones...

After running the patch the issues are gone!

Kind regards,

Chris

There is no way a schedule itself can leed to crashes, only loading faulty planes can lead to crashes.

Windows file names are not case sensitive. B737_T.dds is the same as B737_t.dds

Several users a year ago already saw that by changing the cases in some file names the crashes vanished.

But if you have a file B737_t.dds, and replace it by a file B737_T.dds, you will still see B737_t.dds in the folder listing, since Windows makes no difference. That is why, to fully get all the changes, the folders have to be removed first, so that the patch can create new ones with consistent file name cases.

My current theory is that some users have some routines that have to do with texture loading installed, either as part of the driver or of Direct Draw, which have the following bug: They want to load B737_T.dds. The file systems either can load the file, or it cannot - if it cannot all is good because a file not found situation is foreseen - you just see a black or gray plane, no problem. So if you now get a file that has the name B737_t.dds from disk, all is fine until this point.

Now, according to what I understand, there is a bug in some versions of the middle layer that if the want B737_T.dds, and have loaded B737_t.dds, they cannot match these two - and this situation is not foreseen and the faulty ntdll crashes.

We went through all the aircraft and have identified all inconstencies in the file name cases, and repaired in the patch. Some of them are with us since 8 years, and never caused problems until a year ago, because in Windows the case of the file name is irrelevant...

If you are confused now, I am too. I have not had any crash with or without the patches installed over more than a year on two different systems. 

ok i deleted these folders but why?

B732MX\texture.My213
B735\texture.My73
B737\texture.My85
B788\texture.My07 

Hello Burkhard,

I just completed my first flight with MTX from SPIM to MMMX with high density traffic and it worked great!

Thanks a lot!

Could you please confirm that the folder which is to be used to delete the respective file is not B735 but B735MX (this applies to the other aircraft folders mentioned above, too)? I don't have folders without the "MX" and I'm afraid something went wrong with my installation if I don't see "B735" etc.

However, the patch worked for me!

Kind regards,

Chris

Ok, just a little update: After completing a flight from KLAX to EGLL with the 2013 schedule all went well until I closed FSX.

Then I suddenly got the ntdll - crash report and I don't know why.

I'm quite confused now, because I read different posts about this issue. I found the following suggestions:

- reduce traffic density (although that doesn't seem to help on the long run)

- rebuild the military traffic bgl

- use the 2012 schedule

I don't know how to properly change the schedule, because I found an option in the MTX Communicator, but I also read that you need a SDK tool to actually change the schedule...

Isn't it enough to simply choose a respective schedule within MTX Communicator and let the MSDOS-window being opend after choosing a schedule close itself again after the process??

Second question: Are there good experiences out there with rebuilding the military traffic bgl?

I think it's a pitty to think about using a 2012 schedule for a product I bought in 2014 only for the program to run without crashing even with lower traffic density...

Don't get me wrong: MTX seems to be great, but my crash problems started after installing it during the last days.

You can be sure nobody is more frustrated about the stability problems but me - I lost a complete year of devolpment time searching for any potential problem, and many friends also spent hundreds or thousands of hours. Now Prepar3D V2 and Windows 8 killed the second year.

Did you apply the patches as instructed? And yet it is the B735MX folder. 

Last idea I can give it to delete the B763FMX folder for the moment.

Hello!

I have had this problems with schedules "Spring 2013" and "My Traffic Live". Only "Autumn 2012" has worked ok.

After delete of the B763FMX folder both schedules now seems to work fine.

/Curt

Thanks, that is more than interesting. The only aircraft that is in common to the location where the crashes have been reported, and is new in 5.4c is the Atlas Air B763F, that is why I look again and again into this aircraft if there is anything special. But there ain't :(

Maybe some file in the B763FMX folder got corrupted and placed in the 5.4C installer and the corrupted file has nothing to do with the Atlas Air B763F texture set.

I'm actually installing everything from scratch and indeed there seems to be some conflict between MyTrafficX and my Nvidia driver.

Burkhard, please, if you're using NVIDIA: Could you please tell us which driver version you've got?

Thanks a lot!

I have this problem back again and I can only use schedule Autumn 2012.

I can't understand what has changed.

/Curt

I have been chasing down the root cause of a CTD that I've been plagued with since I built a brand new flight sim PC.  Like those who have posted before me, I was getting the CTD pointing to ntdll.dll.  I was about to format and rebuild my system as I was convinced the issue was related to something that went wrong with the Win 7 install/configuration.  However, I found the Avsim CTD guide yesterday and that gave me the clue I needed which pointed me to MyTrafficX 5.4c being suspect.  

The strange thing is I've used MTX 5.4c on my other machine without any issue for over a year (perhaps longer as I can't remember when "C" was released).  In any event, on the new machine I can't seem to fly with any level of success with MTX enabled.  

I applied the patch and deleted the folders as Burkhard had described.  I was optimistic that would solve my issue, but unfortunately it didn't.  I'm not really bothered if my traffic is following a 2013 schedule or a 2012 schedule.  But I do have a few questions which perhaps Burkhard or others who have experienced these CTD's can assist with.

First, this morning I went into the MyTrafficX Configuration utility and selected the 2012 Schedules.  A DOS window launched.  My Question is how do I know if FSX and MTX will now be using the 2012 schedule?  Is there any way other than having faith that the batch process worked to change the schedule behind the scenes?  

Second, I did not remove the 5.4c update from Control Panel/Programs and Features.  Should I uninstall that?  Or is simply doing the step I mentioned above all I need to do to ensure my system is using 2012 schedules?  

I'm also running P3D v2.4 on another drive.  P3D isn't getting much attention right now from me as I really enjoy flying PMDG aircraft.  But I did install MTX for P3D and am pretty sure I've had the same CTD issues.  Did the process I mentioned earlier also setup P3D for 2012 schedules?  Or do I need to do something else to make sure P3D is running on 2012 schedules?  

I'm currently conducting a test flight which has been very reliable in producing the CTD events.  I'll know within 45-60 minutes if it happens again.  

It is my opinion that the MyTrafficX program is the best AI program available on the market.  I truly hope that Burkhard and his team can and will keep this product moving forward.  As I said, I'm really not bothered by using a 2012 schedule if it works.  I wish I knew why I never had the problem on the other system, but that is water under the bridge.  The new system is running fine and is 5+ years new in hardware spec than my old one and I'm not going back.  

Burkhard, Please...Please...Please continue to develop MTX.  From what I've been reading on these forums, you have a lot of loyal customers.  This is a good thing.  Thank you

Jerry

I posted in another thread but I deleted that 763 file and the flight that was causing all the crashes did not crash. So just to reiterate for others what I did. I deleted the files that was suggested in the other thread. I then installed the patch. I then deleted the 763F file and am using the spring 2013 schedule. I was able to get WAY past where the sim was crashing. I had to exit the sim but I did not get the crash so I am hopeful that this issue has been fixed.