The simFlight Network Forums

Who can help me

Pete,

I send it to you.

Regards,

Gerrit Jansma

Thank you.

Just use a TEXT Editor and look at the KEY file you sent. There is NO KEY! You are making an error when registering! The email address is there, but not the actual key! Please just run the Installer again and enter all three parts correctly!

Pete

Thank you your response.

What do you mean ïnstall al three parts"?

Can you not explain step by step what to do to install FsWide?

The installer says that i can or FScuipc or FSWIDE installing or both

When installing FsCuipc everything went well.

I have three hundred times my e mailadres filled in and the key that i have recived from Simmarket.

Best i can do, and it still go wrong.

Greet, Gerrit

Can you not explain step by step what to do to install FsWide?

The installer says that i can or FScuipc or FSWIDE installing or both

There is no program of mine called "FSWIDE"!

WideFS is in two parts -- the Server which is built into FSUIPC4 and so installed at the same time, and which is the part which needs registering, and the Client ("WideClient.exe") which you place wherever you like on each of the Client PCs. Nothing else is involved in installation! There is no registration on any client.

For Registration you enter name, email and key.  Those are the three things you need. The name must be the same for FSUIPC and WideFS, but the email can be different, and the Key is ALWAYS different.

This system has been in use now for 11 years and many thousands of users have had no problem whatsoever. I suggest you simply start again and do it properly. There are even pictures in the documentation to show you what it looks like.

If you still have difficulties, tell me step by step EXACTLY what you do, just omitting the actual key (call it XXXX XXXX XXXX), and we will work out what you are doing wrong.

Pete

I use the installer but it just does not work.

It DOES work. You are surely making an error, but I cannot tell what error it is unless you tell me precisely what it is you do!

Can you give me the link of the installer, maybe I used the wrong one.

There is only ever one current one, and in fact it has just been replaced by the one for version 4.937, for support of Prepar3D version 2.4. The installer package downloaded from the link on the Schiratti page (www.schiratti.com/dowson), or from the SimMarket purchase page, or from the Download Links subforum above, is the same actual package. The programs are hosted here.

Because you are here already, I think the easiest link in the one in the Download Links subforum above.

Can you explain why the installation of FSCUIPC did succeed?

The KEY file you sent me shows no Registration keys at all, so either you sent the wrong file or it did not succeed in Registration. Installing is one thing, registration is another. The installer will offer the facility for you to register AFTER successful installation. Please review the document on Installing and Registering for explanation.

If you are having problems actually installing then you must show me the Install Log file, from the Modules folder. That is exactly what it is produced for!

Pete