The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mullvaden83

Toper 3 not working <Solved>

Hi. 

I just bought Toper 3 777 on simmarket. 

I installed. Ran as Administrator. And when I start it I just get an error that the program has stoped working and shuts down. 

Any suggetions? I have just reinstalled .NET framwork 4.0.

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Please provide me with some basic info:

-your operating system

-contents of the error

-did you have any earlier versions of TOPER installed?

-what language is your windows in?

Hi. 

Windows 7

Toper 777 Ultimate has stoped working. -there is no more info. It is during startup of the application.

I have never had other versions of Toper. But when I was looking for solutions I downloaded some of your old Beta versions and some old 2.0 verstion stared up. Like 2.0. Then I tried installing 2.0.2 beta and that one didnt work. 

I have my system in English. But I use Swedish numbers and decimal and date settings. 
I tried to change to USA settings but got no luck there.

This is what I get in the Event viewer. 2 diffrent error events.

Application: TOPER B777.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException
Stack:
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(System.String[])
   at TOPER_B777.My.MyApplication.Main(System.String[])

--------------------

Faulting application name: TOPER B777.exe, version: 3.0.0.4, time stamp: 0x540d0242
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdbdf
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000b727
Faulting process id: 0x10d4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfcbce65f169b2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\TOPER Calculator Tool\B777\TOPER B777.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: a3bb77b9-37c1-11e4-8721-00241d732d7a

Hello!!!!

I have the same problem my spce: Windows 7, 64-bit. I bought it yesterday on simmarket. And it's me who make on pmdg777 page in facebook that Toper777 v 3 is out.

Regards

Edited by Edouard Anyim

Please download and copy&paste version 3.0.5 overwriting the original file. File will be available for download for a period of 48h.

This is a test version and contains no functionality. It will however help me to narrow down the cause of the issue.
To close the 'splash' screen simply click anywhere on it.

Let me know if you manage to start up TOPER.

I have the TOPER V1 bought in SIMMARKET and it's work great with my configuration.

That is great and thank you for the reference. Unfortunately TOPER has changed two more versions since, and with so many new functions added I am having difficulties narrowing the problem down. 

Please try this version with which comes with a touch of superstition: version 3.0.9

I will try and get to the bottom of this in the next couple of days. I am working for the next 3-4 days, so I won't be able to respond in that time period.

In the meanwhile, I apologize for the inconvenience and wish to thank you for the patience you have shown. 

Btw. my event viewer log didnt help you at all? 

The event log did point me in a certain direction, but I do need to investigate further.

From my experience, there is no problem that cannot be solved-it's only a matter of time and perseverance. Out of all the copies delivered so far only 3 are crashing, but never the less I intend of getting to the bottom of it. Only factor complicating things is the fact that I can't recreate the error on either of my systems-for now.