The simFlight Network Forums
Morten

FSC can't recognize important pathes (solved)

Basis:

I have installed a new FSC 9.5 on a client Windows 8 64 bit Home edition. The server running FSX is a Window 7 64 bit Ultimate version.

FSC is installed directly under C:\ FSC9 as administrator and is running as administrator.

A virtual drive Z to the servers FSX drive has been made as usual.

Google Earth is installed on the client: C:\Program files (x86)\Google\Google Earth.

The FSCPosSym.fsc is NOT corrupted.

Problems!:

1. Allthough FSCDbManager and FSC itself is running perfectly with direct access to the server, the virtual Z drive won't show up in the FSC saving window which makes it impossible to save my flightplans (virtual Z is showing perfectly inside FSCDbManager).

2. Every time I try to load Google earth gps position I will get this (well known!) nonsense error text: 'The folder of Google Earth does not meet expectation of the operating system'. Only one single time I have succeeded to let the gps position show up on Google maps. But currently I can't get it to work. I already checked the path to Google Earth/Client and is is correct.

What the heck is going here?! 

Attached my FSC.Ini (renamed as txt file)

(before I had this setup with FSC9.5 which worked perfect all the way: FSX on the current server Window 7 64 bit Ultimate version and a XP pro 32 bit as client)   

fsc.txt

Hmm..this is bad news!

However regarding to issue no.2:

2. Every time I try to load Google earth gps position I will get this (well known!) nonsense error text: 'The folder of Google Earth does not meet expectation of the operating system'. Only one single time I have succeeded to let the gps position show up on Google maps. But currently I can't get it to work. I already checked the path to Google Earth/Client and is is correct.

I found this solution: If I run Google Earth as Administrator also, this particular problem will be fully eliminated and GPS position as well as the flightplan will show up!

Regarding to issue no.1, is there anything in the registry I can check for any abnormality? (On my own responsibility!)

Regards,

Morten   

Hi Morton,

I've assumed that your software is installed or run as administrator.
Please read here:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/71602-important-information-on-registration-installation-and-use-of-fscommander/
this document:

http://forum.simflight.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=100028

Changes in the Registery are unknown to me.

Regards,

Volker

Yes indeed Volker! You see it so happens that I am one of your customers who actually read your manuals carefully through! So I of course already read that document.

As you can see in my first post:

FSC is installed directly under C:\ FSC9 as administrator and is running as administrator.

A virtual drive Z to the servers FSX drive has been made as usual.

However, what is new to me here in this context (as I just wrote you), is that Google Earth ALSO has to installed and run as a administrator in order to work with FSC.

At least on my new Win 8 client.

I am not sure about Win 8, but with Win 7, you have to use the same version in order to setup your networked PCs in order to share a drive/file/folder. I have networked FSC on a client PC to FSX successfully. I run OpusFSX, REX, PFPX, FSC, Plan-G and Pro-ATC on my client PC successfully.

I think the key is to make sure Simconnect and FSWide client is working correctly.

I am not sure about Win 8, but with Win 7, you have to use the same version in order to setup your networked PCs in order to share a drive/file/folder. I have networked FSC on a client PC to FSX successfully. I run OpusFSX, REX, PFPX, FSC, Plan-G and Pro-ATC on my client PC successfully.

I think the key is to make sure Simconnect and FSWide client is working correctly.

Thanks for your interest.

But not true about Win 7 - that both server and client has to be Win 7. Before I had a perfect working setup involving Win 7 as server and Win XP as client.

Win7 / Win 8 as the current setup, shouldn't be a problem either. As I said, excellent connections here between the 2 PC's regarding to WideFS, FSCDbManager and FSCommander itself!

The ONLY, however indeed serious, problem is that FSCommander won't show up the 'Z' drive to the FSX server path in the saving dialogue, which makes it impossible to save any flightplans.   

Hi Morton,

The ONLY, however indeed serious, problem is that FSCommander won't show up the 'Z' drive to the FSX server path in the saving dialogue, which makes it impossible to save any flightplans. 

I'm sure you understand the following text.
If it is an error of the FlightSim Commander, then it would be a big problem.

Regards,

Volker

• Upvote 1

Hi Morton,

I'm sure you understand the following text.

If it is an error of the FlightSim Commander, then it would be a big problem.

Regards,

Volker

Sorry I don't think I understand your hint..?

As it is, I'm dealing with a serious error here - not accusing anything or anybody so far. 

O.K.

English is not my native language.
So again, back to the beginning.
If your problem would be an error of the FlightSim Commander,

then we would have a really big problem with the large number of FlightSim Commander Network users.

Especially, because we can not verify your problem.

Volker

Problem now fully solved, thanks to BPD in here:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/77147-fs-commander-problems-on-networked-laptop/?p=472097

Did this registry editing to both Win7 server and Win8 client:

Drilled down to this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

Under that key create a DWORD value named:

EnableLinkedConnections

And set it to 1

Morten :)

Warning to others. Please do not edit the registry if you're not absolutely sure of what you are doing! Make a backup of the registry prior to this action anyway!