The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Soro

Error by importing PFPX Flightplan

Hello,

i've got an error, when i try to import a Flightplan created by PFPX. The Message is:

PFPX_Export_and_Import_to_FSC.jpg

When i just copy the route from PFPX and Paste it in FSC, there is no error. Both Programs are fresh installed in the newest Version. AIRAC Datas from both Programs are Up2Date. I was already ask in the German Aerosoft Forum, they was forward me, to Volker.

Both Programs using AIRAC form Navigraph, Cycle NG1409. The When i only Copy and Paste the route from PFPX, the Waypoints match with PFPX. So this should be a wrong message.

As i already was read, that the Support isn't available during the next Few days. But i will try my luck.

Hello tinpusher,

did you read my last sentence in my post? For your information i maka a quote:

As i already was read, that the Support isn't available during the next Few days. But i will try my luck.

I already know that the Support isn't available in the next few Days. But why i should need to wait to ask my question? Maybe some in the Community know the answare, so i was try my luck.

Daniel:

I believe that you can only import FSC flightplans into FSC.  If you get your flightplan elsewhere, you must copy the route string into the flightplan window as you did and let FSC create its own flightplan.

Hi FS1TR,

this i already doing, but thanks for the Hint. But when you also look at this Error. The Error produced by the import should be:

You are only able to made Changes on Flightplans, created by FSC

in this Case, but this messages says, that some waypoints are missing. What's currently wrong, since the Waypoints are the Same as in PFPX. Also the used AIRAC is the same (Navigraph 1409/1410)

Daniel,

My best guess is that your flightplan is missing some information that is required by FSC.  As a result, FSC may expect to read a waypoint but is actually getting some other information from your format and considers it a bad waypoint.

After this message, FSC open the Flightplan and displaye it corretct. There is no error, all Airways are displayed correct. So the import works, but i can't add a STAR, SID or TRANS after importing a FP. So i think to need to wait, that Volker would be back from his Holiday, and can maybe give some detailed informations about this.

Hallo Daniel,

the title is misleading.
It is "only" an information and "no" error message.
It is merely an indication that the attempt to import a flight plan,
does not correspond to the conventions of a FSC flight plan.

The FlightSim Commander does not allow the import of flight plans in the FSC format.
Please read here: http://www.fscommander.com/faq.htm ... import FS flight plans ...

As Tom writes in his answer ... If you get your flight plan elsewhere, you must copy the route string into the flight plan window as you did and let FSC create its own flight plan. ... Or are you using the route string from the PFPX.

Gruss

Volker

Hi Daniel! I have had the same issue - the problem I found was realted to the NATS and PATS formating. PFPX can read FSC but FSC can't read PFPX. My work around is:

1. Build route in PFPX initilally
  2. Copy route into FSC and edit as needed (in my case, I add NATracks and PACTracks)
  3. Copy results back into PFPX and continue the PFPX process.

I like FSC because I can plug in my gate number and FSX read my location. PFPX cannot do that becaise it doesn't read the airport BGL files.

I export PFPX into my PMDG folder but FSC to thr FSX flight plan folder.