The simFlight Network Forums

FSX crashes with fsuipc4.dll module

Hi Pete.I installed on my pc the latest registered version 4.937.But every time FSX opens(i open it as administrator),a window appears with a security alert,to run or no the fsuipc4.dll module.If i press run then another window appears that asks to me , to assign this as trusted software.If i press yes, the FSX crashes with a message of fatal error .This strange behavour begun 2 days ago with another software.My antivirus is KIS version 15,but the FSX is excluded from scanning.Please help to bypass this frustating situation,because FSX doesn't opens at all.Thank you .Bill. 

The first two prompts are standard and will occur every time you run FSX with a new version installed. This occurs with all unsigned DLLs being loaded automatically into FSX.

But without further information about this "fatal error" I cannot really help. If you cannot read the detailed information off the screen, go to the Windows event viewer and find the correct entry in the logs there.

If FSUIPC is producing a Log file, please show me that. If it isn't then you are probably suffering from the SimConnect trust bug. Please see the FAQ subforum here for more information about that.

Pete

Thanks Pete for immediate response. Where i can find ,if ever,the fsuipc log,because i'm newbie to this.I found the event log of windows and here it is: Log Name: Application

Source:        Application Error

Date:          10/10/2014 6:18:16 μμ

Event ID:      1000

Task Category: (100)

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      BILL-PC

Description:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x69206e75

Faulting process id: 0xe08

Faulting application start time: 0x01cfe49d44a32662

Faulting application path: F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: a7ff23da-5090-11e4-94b5-e0cb4e197810

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-10-10T15:18:16.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>415294</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>BILL-PC</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>fsx.exe</Data>

<Data>10.0.61637.0</Data>

<Data>46fadb14</Data>

<Data>unknown</Data>

<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>

<Data>00000000</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>69206e75</Data>

<Data>e08</Data>

<Data>01cfe49d44a32662</Data>

<Data>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe</Data>

<Data>unknown</Data>

<Data>a7ff23da-5090-11e4-94b5-e0cb4e197810</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Just found the FSUIPC generated log .Here it is: ********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.936 by Pete Dowson *********

Reading options from "F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"
Running inside FSX on Windows 7
Module base=53100000
User Name="BASIL BURSINOS"
User Addr="bours@ath.forthnet.gr"
FSUIPC4 Key is provided
WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired
      359 System time = 10/10/2014 15:59:16
      359 FLT path = "C:\Users\BILL BOURSINOS\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"
     1514 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...
     1514 FS path = "F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"
     1857 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
     1857 SIM1 Frictions access gained
     1857 Wind smoothing fix is fully installed
     1857 G3D.DLL fix attempt installed ok
     1857 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
     1857 Trying to use SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07
    27223 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)
    27223 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
    27223 FSUIPC Menu entry added
    27269 F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.FLT
    27269 F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIR
   335449 System time = 10/10/2014 16:04:52
   335449 *** FSUIPC log file being closed
G3D fix: Passes 8294, Null pointers 0, Bad pointers 0, Separate instances 0
Memory managed: 4 Allocs, 4 Freed
********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

Thanks Pete for immediate response. Where i can find ,if ever,the fsuipc log,because i'm newbie to this.I found the event log of windows and here it is: Log Name: Application

The event log data shows a crash elsewhere, not in FSUIPC, so I'm pretty sure it is the SimConnect bug. What version of FSX are you using? If it isn't fully updated, SP1 + SP" or Acceleration, when I think you need to update it. The problem was much worse in the earlier releases.

If there is an FSUIPC4.LOG file, which looks doubtful because it is likely that FSUIPC never even got as far as running, then it will be in the FSX Modules folder, along with FSUIPC4.DLL, FSUIPC4.INI, FSUIPC4.KEY (if you registered) and a subfolder called FSUIPC Documents.

Pete

Just found the FSUIPC generated log .Here it is:

Ah, but that is from version 4.936, whereas you said you were using 4.937, and it shows an almost  perfectly normal start, run, and close, no crash.

I would have suspected it was an old log from an earlier time, but, no, the time stamp gives it away:

System time = 10/10/2014 15:59:16

So, FSX did not crash after all? Or only after FSUIPC had been closed because the session was ending?

FSUIPC didn't get as far as "Starting everything now ..." so you were never actually flying?

Pete

Today i downloaded the version 4.937.I executed it  and immediately tried to run the FSX and then this problem begun.Previous version installed without problems..As wrote in my first post,the  problem  started 3 days ago with the installation of another software.The FSX crashes if i try to assign the trusted propierty to a software.FSX is fully updated with acceleration pack.And yes ,i fly  pmdg 777 since a year now,but i did't any changes in FSUIPC .Bill.

Today i downloaded the version 4.937.I executed it  and immediately tried to run the FSX and then this problem begun.Previous version installed without problems..

Seems that 4.937 installed without problems too, else there's no way you could try to run it!

.As wrote in my first post,the  problem  started 3 days ago with the installation of another software.

So you need to investigate that other software? What is it? Maybe it is causing the problem in SimConnect which causes the crash when SimConnect tries to load FSUIPC. If FSUIPC is not make a new log then it is not running. See the FAQ thread on this subject.

The FSX crashes if i try to assign the trusted propierty to a software.

What does that mean?

Pete