The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hammerman47

Flight Plan Frustration (solved)

FSC 9.5.1 - Build 04-May-2014 (Flightsim Store download) / AIRAC-1011 / Win 7 64bit

Hi, I have created a flight plan in FSC9 using custom fixes. I now want to save the flight plan in a .rte or .rt2 format so I can load it into my PMDG FMC.. however when I go to the 'Save as' option I get the screen with tickable options. FSC has named the file correctly e.g. KORDKDTW and I have selected

IFR

FS Commander (ticked)
PMDG (ticked)

Flight Simulator x (ticked)

Then... when I select 'Save' I get this message: "Flight plan for addon aircraft cannot be saved because Flight Simulator X folder unknown" Please specify Flight Simulator X Folder under Flight Plan > Save as > Tab Paths >Folder Flight Simulator X > Row 2!

So I go to 'Paths' and get a path selection on the left hand side e.g

C:\FSX\Flight Plans

C:\FSX\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS

etc

I click 'Ok' then select the path where I would like to have the flight plan saved (C:\FSX\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS) which shows the pathe on the right hand side......

But again when I select 'Save' I get ("Flight plan for addon aircraft cannot be saved because Flight Simulator X folder unknown" Please specify Flight Simulator X Folder under Flight Plan > Save as > Tab Paths >Folder Flight Simulator X > Row 2!) again.

Now... am I doing something wrong or is it that FSC9 cannot save the PMDG format .rte or .rt2

I think FSC9 is a fantastic product but I need something that will save my flight plans to .rte or .rt2 format. I dont want to have to buy something like AivlaSoft EFB as I thought that FSC9 would be able to save my flight plans as .rte or .rt2

Could you please advise me on how to save the flight plans as .rte or .rt2 or point me in the right direction to solve this issue.

Thank You

Neil B

Note: if I de select Flight Simulator x from the first screen it makes no difference to being able to save the flight plan as PMDG compatible files. I can however (with the Flight Simulator x (ticked)) save the flightplans as .pln files to C:\FSX\Flight Plans which is the default FSX flight plan folder. (which I cant use in the PMDG FMC.)

I would like to upload screenshots of the pages but this forum only allows 20kb files which is nowhere near enough for a screenshot (150k)

Then... when I select 'Save' I get this message: "Flight plan for addon aircraft cannot be saved because Flight Simulator X folder unknown" Please specify Flight Simulator X Folder under Flight Plan > Save as > Tab Paths >Folder Flight Simulator X > Row 2!

So I go to 'Paths' and get a path selection on the left hand side e.g

C:\FSX\Flight Plans

Hello Neil,

Change Row 2 to the root folder of Flight Simulator X --> "C:\FSX" and see if that doesn't solve the problem.

Jerryy

Hi Neil,

the entries in row 2 and 3 are false.
In the manual, chapter 5.4 you can find screenshots and the following text:

Line 2

Add-on aircraft such as PMDG, Level-D, iFly, etc. are located in a subdirectory of Flight Simulator itself.

Therefore you have to specify the location of your Flight Simulator. In your case C:\FSX

Note the screenshot and how JerryJet has described it.

Line 3

It is important to correctly specify the path for the flight plans of Flight Simulator itself. Note that
the corresponding directory is NOT inside the Flight Simulator directory, but rather in a directory
below the user name. In your case C:\users\Neil\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files

Note the screenshot.

Regards,

Volker