The simFlight Network Forums
GarethW

MyTraffic Pro P3D cripples P3D Vehicles (aircraft) Menu

Greetings all,

Let me first state that I am very impressed with Mytraffic 54c.  Also, I messaged Burkhard privately this morning re a problem I have, but decided that here is more helpful for everyone. 

Basically, my problem is that once MTP for P3D is installed and active, if you wish to change aircraft via the P3D 'Vehicles' menu it takes close to 10 secs for the list to populate. With MyTraffic disabled it takes less than a second, on my system at least.  

I believe this is because P3D by deafault scans the MyTraffic\Aircraft folder even though none of these AI aircraft will appear in the 'available Vehicles' window or be flown by the user.  

I read elsewhere in the forums this morning that if you delete the panels entry in all the MTP AI aircraft.cfg files the problem goes away. But I can find no such panel entry. In any event an impossible task I would think! 

This AI traffic programme is so brilliantly conceived as regards options and user control that I'm sure there must be a solution for what is to me at least, an annoying issue.

Perhaps someone has this same issue, or is aware of it and knows of a solution?  

With many thanks,

Gareth 

This is normal, both FSX and P3D have always exhibited this nuance, it's because both engines have to load many hundreds of different aircraft models looking for user flyable aircraft. Get an SSD drive and install FSX and P3D on it and you'll see an improvement in this regard.

Appreciated your comments Andy. Pity, I'm already 100% SSD on my system. 

Not being a 'plane-spotter' or 'timetable junkie' but someone who likes a bit of company in the departure and approach phases (a reality-check from years of r/w flying) it might be worth a try and gut say 50% of the MTP AI variants, and perhaps knock a few seconds off what I see as an irritation rather than a nuance or something normal. To be sure, it's a subjective thing and in the end we live with what we can't, or won't, change. 

I prefer not to think of it as a shortcoming in software design and so remain hopeful that it's going to prove possible to exclude P3D's laborious scan of countless hundreds of AI planes that don't even show up in the Vehicle menu as flyable and were never intended to be (?). And that might not even have a panel ;-).  Who knows I may well hear from Burkhard yet! 

Even if you only keep the actual Boeing and Airbus models, these paints make more than half of all, so yes by removing the 732 or 727 etc and all military planes you can save a few seconds...

Hello Burkhard, thanks for your contribution. Do forgive me for even suggesting that I would mutilate your careful selection of AI traffic.

This morning I backed up the Aircraft folder and proceeded to cull approx 25% of the aircraft on a 'best-guess' basis. It had the desired result and my little problem was reduced commensurately. I will consider later on optimising my choices based on your suggestion.