The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbolt44

My FSC Is Locking Up (solved)

Hello Volker,

Use FSX only; FSUIPC v4.928; FSCv8.6 Build 200210; FSC Db Mgrv8.6net, (Build 021209; Navigraph AIRAC 1411; a sim flight download; all with Win 7.

I have had FSC 8.6 for years and have used it for flight planning departure, arrival and enroute airways and waypoints.  I have never had a problem with it.  In 2013 I bought the downline version of FSC 9.3; however, I had so many problems with trying to load it properly, I just went back to my old reliable 8.6 as it did everything I needed for IFR cross countries and Radar Contact.  I have a whole slew of flightplans saved in FSC, and my Radar Contact and Flightsim X files so I don't often make a new flight plan now-a-days.  Yesterday, I needed to make a change in a FSC flight plan and print it.  FSC opened with a right click, I selected the Airport, went to the drop down Flt Plan Menu, selected Open and opened the flight plan I needed with it set forth in the flight plan box.  I then descovered everything was locked up.  I couldn't move the map around, couldn't drop any of the windows down, etc.  Finally had to Ctrl/Alt/Delete to close it.  Today, I got ambitious and deleted 8.6 and reinstalled it, ran the Db Mgr box which said I was good to go, and the same thing happened.  It locks up on me.  I thought about trying my FSC 9.3 again as I have the key and everything, but somehow I didn't keep the original download,  and couldn't find any place to download it.  Dodn't feel like tackling 9.5 unless I have to.  Appreciate your help and advice, Mike Nicholson, Sequim, WA USA

OK Volker,

OK, I am commited to installing 9.5; however, I have run into a glitch, and am not going further until I check with you.  I have read everything I can find regarding this installation and have printed copies of these readings spread all over my desk.  So, I uninstalled 8.6 thru my Control Panel, and installed 9.5.  Ran the DbManager, which reflected 9.5, and updated the FSX airports and scenery files.  It reflected I had a Registered Copy.  I did register 9.3 in Aug 2013, but gave up on it and went back to the 8.6.  Todays 9.5 instalation left me with the 9.5 DbManager short cut on my desktop, but no where do I have any 9.5 files reflected and cannot open FSC. The following are the only files I have in my S:\FSC folder now.  I tried to copy and past but it wouldn't work. The FSPlan folder does have all my flight plans.  About all I fly is PMDG in FSX.   I was tempted to delete everything below except the FSPlan folder and the Register.fsc file and reinstall 9.5, but want to see what you say first.  Please advise, Mike

That left me with:  Database (Folder)

FSPlan (Folder)

An Index file

FSCDbManagerini.old

fsc.old dtd: 12/2/2009

Register.fsc 8/19/2013

All of these files, except as noted, were dated 10/29/2014

Hi Mike,

I recommend the following steps:
Save your flight plans and following files: Register.fsc, fsc.ini, fsccolor.ini
Save your folder /User.
Uninstall the old version

Download the latest version here: http://www.fscommander.com/files/fsc95.zip

Important !!!

Read here: http://forum.simflight.com/topic/71602-important-information-on-registration-installation-and-use-of-fscommander/

this dokument: http://forum.simflight.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=100028

and follow the recommendations regarding the installation.

After successful installation, copy the saved data back to the previous place.

More questions please post here.

Regards,

Volker

Hi Volker,

Well, I am happy to tell you I am back on course with 9.5 just working fine.  Thank you for all your help and advice.  I was able to register it with my 9.3 key, and all I had to transfer manually was my IVOA flightplans folder.  So, I was able to make a small enroute change and reprint the flight plan I started out a few days ago to do in my old 8.6.    I do appreciate your efforts.  Mike

Hi Volker,

I hate to tell you, but it's me again.  I have 9.5 set up for FSX.  I have the proper path inputed setting forth the correct path to my FSX flight plan files.  If I go to Open a FSX flight plan I had before I installed 9.5, it opens right up, and I can change it and print the new flight plan with no problem.  Also, all my airplanes can input it into the FMS.  However, If I set up a new flight plan and save it as FSX, it appears in my FSX flight plan folder as say "KLANKMKE.pln  10/312014 3:50PM as the Type is listed as a PLN file.  Opening it in Notepad shows it as a xml file and while it has the correct waypoints it is in a different format and will not load in any of my aircraft.   It also says it is a SimBase Document Type=AceXML. All my other FSX flightplans, and I have a bunch, are identified as a PLN file rather that a pln file which load into FSC and FSX fine.   Also, when I go to 5.9 and try to Open it again, I get a window telling me it is not a FSX flightplan.   Volker, any clues will be appreciated.  Mike

Hi Mike,

the FSX can also read the old FS 2004 format,
but the FlightSim Commander export flight plans for FSX only in XML format.

Regards,

Volker

Volker,

All my flightplans, a considerable numbrer, were generated with 8.6.  I now have two flightplans I generated with 9.5..  This morning I tried a couple of different things:

1.  Although I set these two flightplans up with 9.5. and they are displayed in 9.5, I cannot open them in FSC again - it just tells me they are not a FSX flightplan. These should at least open in FSC.

2.  Other than my PMDG fleet, I have a Flt 1 Cessna Mustang, and a Lionheart Lear 24B.  I can load both of the new flightplans into their GPSs.

3.  None of my PMDG aircraft FMSs contain the two new flightplans.

Mike

Volker,

I've re-read this and it seems to me you are saying I have all my flight plans in the old 2004 format, which I'm guessing 8.6 used to send them to FSX.  The fact is that all these flight plans were made in 8.6.  I wish there was a download for it somewhere as life was good under 8.6.  It even updated through Navigraph.  All my PMDG aircraft will pick these up in their FMCs.  I've always kind of wondered about this as I remember PMDG saying their FMCs would not import from FMC.  So now my two 9.6 flight plans will export to my two non-PMDG aircraft.  There is a PMDG folder in my FSC flightplans folder.  How does that interplay with my flightplans.  I need to send an email to PMDG and see where I'm at with this.  Basicly, this is the same problem I had with 9.3, but I never had a clue that these flightplans were in 2004 format.  Just when you think you're flight simming 5 x 5, you get a new challange.  Life is great!  Mike

Hi Mike,

I'm sure your settings in the Window, Save / Load Flight Plan, Tab Path are wrong.

Please publish a screenshot in your next post.

In our current manual  ( http://www.fscommander.com/files/fscmanual9x_english.zip ) 

you can find a very good description and imaging.

There you can compare your settings. This is especially important for your Flight Simulator folder.

Regards,

Volker