The simFlight Network Forums
zemelo

Wishlist for Christmas

Compared to the "competing" Plan-G FSC9 is much more usefull.

However there is one very attractive feature in Plan-G, the "Map Quest" map.

So my wishlist is:

Add a (free) map in some future updates.

Anton

Hallo Volker,

I have read the postings, they mainly deal with GoggleEarth or GoogleMap.

I do not suggest to use GoggleEarth or GoogleMap as a background map while flying. The present saving of a KML-file is o.k.

But I think it would be already very useful if the aircraft could be seen moving on the free map "Map Quest" .

Maybe you find some time sometime to integrate it into the program.

Regards

Anton

Anton, i think you misread something: MapQuest is free for personal use but not for commercial use. And this is the case when you use it in a commercial product like FSC.

Is there no way at all to use MapQuest in a commercial product ?

I would be prepared to pay a certain fee to subscribe to the use of MapQuest.

Are there no other free maps ?

I use the free FlightStats on my PC and on the iPad to track real flights. It shows a map

I have installed various free navigation Apps on my iPad. They all show the OpenStreetMap.

Is the OpenStreetMap not really free ? Could I subscribe to it to use it together wit FSC ?

Sorry for not giving up on this subject.

For me it would be it big step forward if the FSC could show the cities and roads the plane is passing, like on Plan-G

Anton

Hi Anton,

I think Volkers answer is quite explicit. a simple no..

There is no sense in grousing. Volker did not make the rules regarding the commercial use of Google Maps, Mapquest OpenStreetMaps etc etc

Plan-G is a FREEWARE program.

Regards

Terence

Having seen several YouTube demos, I don't think there is any other flightplan on the market allows you to ACTUALLY SEE the why's and wherefores of using a particular SID or Transition or STAR.

That being said, I am highly attracted to the notion of flight Sim commander, but it's a bit rich for my wallet right now.

Is there any possibility there might be a Christmas sale price for this season?...what ever the answer, Merry Christmas to all and especially to Volker and my condolences on my just today's discovery that Sascha Felix had passed a while back.

Chas

As long as we are talking about wishlists, two things I would like to see in the next version. A) To have FSC let me know when there is an update available. B) To have the downloaded weather automatically update.

I was thinking about this earlier today. I like how FSC can be used along with the autopilot by adjusting the HDG, which is great when you are heading to your first waypoint after taking off (versus the GPS+NAV will take you to the "magenta line" like a magnet).  But sometimes I wish FSC would have that ability to "stick" to the route or the option to.

Hi Tony,

To have FSC let me know when there is an update available.

To have the downloaded weather automatically update.

In our view, unnecessary code without much benefit.

But sometimes I wish FSC would have that ability to "stick" to the route or the option to.

The line between the waypoints shows the track, not the heading.

btw. can you post a screenshot as an example?

Regards,

Volker