The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC doesn't recognise Zero Delay USB Encoder input

Hi,

So I am trying to build a panel for PMDG planes and want to connect the hardware through Zero Delay USB Encoder and FSUIPC. The problem is that while for example FSX recognises this and shows "Button 01" or others, FSUIPC takes no notice of the input. My question is thus: Is it possible to do this at all or does FSUIPC not support Zero Delay USB Encoders?

Thanks

So I am trying to build a panel for PMDG planes and want to connect the hardware through Zero Delay USB Encoder and FSUIPC. The problem is that while for example FSX recognises this and shows "Button 01" or others, FSUIPC takes no notice of the input. My question is thus: Is it possible to do this at all or does FSUIPC not support Zero Delay USB Encoders?

FSUIPC knows nothing about hardware at all. It only knows about what Windows lists as Joystick type devices in its DirectInput facilities (part of DirectX), and those with up to 32 buttons, two POV Hats, and a maximum of 8 axes (6 normal ones and 2 sliders). I've no idea what a "zero delay USB encoder" is, and nor has FSUIPC, and there's no such thing defined in the DirectInput interface used for Joysticks (by both FS and FSUIPC, incidentally).

If a button or axis is recognised by FS, and it therefore isn't outside the list I just mentioned, then FSUIPC should certainly see it just as FS does.

Pete

Well the problem got somehow fixed itself, now it all works great, thank you for the great response though. Also, I would just like to take the opportunity to thank you for the product, really an amazing thing.

One more issue though, when trying to create some macros for the PMDG 777, it doesn't work for some things like individual landing lights. Is this a problem with FSUIPC that I should be asking here about or should I submit a ticket with PMDG?

Thanks

Well the problem got somehow fixed itself, now it all works great, thank you for the great response though. Also, I would just like to take the opportunity to thank you for the product, really an amazing thing.

One more issue though, when trying to create some macros for the PMDG 777, it doesn't work for some things like individual landing lights. Is this a problem with FSUIPC that I should be asking here about or should I submit a ticket with PMDG?

Check with a default aircraft.  PMDG tend to do their own things for lots of stuff. FS itself has only one Landing Lights control -- on  or off. There are no individual ones.

Pete