The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
afterburner

All Gates occupied at Chicago O'Hare even with only 25% IFR traffic setting

Hi,

I wanted to bring to attention an issue that has been apparent at the default KORD airport with MyTrafficX 5.4b (I use the "b" version instead of "c", because the latter resulted in unpredictable ntdll crashes).

Even if I set airline traffic at only 25% in FSX, all gates are filled with airplanes at that airport. I have attached a "satellite picture" to show that. You can see that literally all parking positions are populated with airliners. As you can imagine, this drags down on the performance and creates unnecessary congestion at the airport. Other airports show much less traffic relative to their available parking spots.

Certainly, the ground traffic at KORD can be reduced by tuning down the traffic sliders to let's say 15%, but then there is going to be too few traffic at other airports, while Chicago will still have plenty of it. The imbalance still remains. Do you have the same traffic density at your Chicago airport as well with the same traffic settings?  If yes, is there anything that can be done to reduce it without reducing the traffic sliders?  (Should I try a different AFCAD file?)

post-4225-0-36773900-1422332191_thumb.jp

The MyTraffic layout uses remote stands a lot and still O'Hare cannot handle the real life schedules I get - ist a real thing that aircraft waiting für gates for a long time happens daily. 

What you could do, if you want to reserve a few parkings, give them to an Airline that does not fly into O'Hare, like Cubana or similar using ADE.