The simFlight Network Forums

LUA Script meaning of ipcread "UD" "UW" "SD" "SW" ?

Hello,

I hope my question is not to dull, but I didn´t find the answer so far.

I want to make some simple lua.script for playing sound in Prosim737 and managed already to get one working.

However, The meaning of ipc.read is clear. But what is the difference between ipc.readUW, UD, SD, UD, SW and so on.

Did not find an explanation in the manuals. Probably its just to simple.

Regards

Michael

However, The meaning of ipc.read is clear. But what is the difference between ipc.readUW, UD, SD, UD, SW and so on.

Did not find an explanation in the manuals. Probably its just to simple.

Where on Earth are you looking? In the Lua library reference document each of those functions is described separately, and each one tells you what the data type is, clearly, in the first sentence describing the function in the right-hand column!!

Pete

... well, I think you mean one of these lua library reference manuals (5.3, 5.2, 5.1...). I tried but I do not find a description of  ipc.readUW, UD, SD, UD, SW there.

Maybe the problem is that I don´t understand the whole context of the language, but I dont want to learn LUA. All what I miss in understanding these small scripts made by Lapi (Prosim) is the function mentioned. 

Best

Michael

... well, I think you mean one of these lua library reference manuals (5.3, 5.2, 5.1...). I

NO I do not!!!

The libraries you are using are in FSUIPC and WideClient ONLY. They are not general purpose Lua libraries for the general user, they are purpose specific libraries for FSUIPC and FS. 

The reference document for the library is in the Lua package installed in your FSUIPC Documents folder, in the FS Modules folder, the place where it is clearly defined in the Install instructions that you should look!! Have you never even bothered to find and refer to the FSUIPC User Guide either? That's in there too!

:-(

Pete