The simFlight Network Forums

Profiles

Where are the different profiles stored ?

By default, all settings, profiles, whatever, are in the FSUIPC4.INI file, in the modules folder. You can opt to have profiles stored separately, in a file for each profile, in a "Profiles" subfolder. There's a document supplied which explains this option and how to enable it.

Pete

Thank you,

I did the automatic conversion, it worked.

However :

It seems I missunderstood the "Profile"-function

I thought I can define the keys by using the FSX "Options/Settings/Control" and then take over these settings into a profile.

Obviously I have to define the settings of the varius keys in the FSUIPC menu (not as easy than in the FSX Options dialog)

Is this true ?

Anton

It seems I missunderstood the "Profile"-function

I thought I can define the keys by using the FSX "Options/Settings/Control" and then take over these settings into a profile.

Obviously I have to define the settings of the varius keys in the FSUIPC menu (not as easy than in the FSX Options dialog)

Is this true ?

I think perhaps you miss the whole point entirely!

FSUIPC profiles are collections of settings made in FSUIPC. If you aren't using FSUIPC for settings there's no point whatsoever in using profiles.

FSUIPC cannot change over settings you make in FS for different aircraft -- that's one of the reasons folks use FSUIPC instead!  If you make settings in FSX they are stuck and do not change unless you go back into its options and change them. FSUIPC instead loads settings according to aircraft assignment to profiles.

Sorry you find FSUIPC harder than FSX. Perhaps that is because it offers a lot more ways to do a lot more things?

Do NOT make assignments in both FS and FSUIPC or they will conflict. If you assign in FSUIPC you must disable controllers altogether in FSX.

Pete

Sorry to bother you again.

Maybe my question was not clear enough. English is not my mother-language.

My intention was, to use "normal" key definition of FSX, change only a few keys and save this then as a specific profile.

I would like to avoid, that I have to define every single key out of about 20 to 30 again, when I define a profile.

Anton

Sorry to bother you again.

Maybe my question was not clear enough. English is not my mother-language.

My intention was, to use "normal" key definition of FSX, change only a few keys and save this then as a specific profile.

I would like to avoid, that I have to define every single key out of about 20 to 30 again, when I define a profile.

For keyboard key presses, FSUIPC assignments will override FS assignments, so, yes, you can do what you want without de-assigning the FS assignments. Just assign the keypresses in FSUIPC which you want to be different

But you cannot do this with buttons and axes (levers, yokes, rudders, joysticks). Either assign in FS and not have them different in profiles, or disable controllers in FS and assign all in FSUIPC. Then you can have different ones for different profiles.

Pete