The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Benni T.

Some questions before buying

Hi!

I really consider buying this nice, little Programm for using it with PMDGs 777.

Nevertheless some questions need to be answered before:

1. Can I use TOPER also for the B777 Freighter type? 

2. Is the Airport Database somehow user-editable?

3. Does TOPER support De-Rated Takeoffs (TO, TO1 and TO2) and the combination of De-Rate + Assumed Temp?

At the Moment I use TOPCAT but somehow I fear this is a "dead" one... So TOPER seems like a suitable alternate for me...

Looking forward to your answers!

With regards,

Benni T.

Hello Benni,
let me answer your questions:

1. Can I use TOPER also for the B777 Freighter type?

TOPER does not include performance data for Freighter as such. However you might use the 777-300ER variant as a close approximation as there is minor difference in the engine types (-300ER uses GE90-115BL, where as -300F uses GE90-110B1L).

2. Is the Airport Database somehow user-editable?

TOPER uses text-based airport/runway database which can be easily edited using standard text editors, like 'Notepad' for example.

3. Does TOPER support De-Rated Takeoffs (TO, TO1 and TO2) and the combination of De-Rate + Assumed Temp?

TOPER offers de-rated takeoffs from version 3.2.0

Info: The largest 777 operator in the world (Emirates Airline) uses only this method to calculate takeoff performance.

Hope I have managed to answer your questions. Should you have any other inquiries, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest regards,