The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Richard Macdonald Woods

V3.2.0 777-300ER Bug: Aircraft exceeds MaxTOW when it does't <Solved>

Hi Nikola,

Planning a flight EGLL-KLAX with PFPX gives TOW = 342,609 kgs. With current wind 330/4, INTX=0 on rwy 27R (12,743 feet), OAT = +7C, QNH 1002, flaps 5, A/C on, A/I off, I receive the message "Aircraft weight exceeds the limit for selected runway length. TOW>maxTOW=354,900 kgs" which is incorrect.

(Although I have never had to use flaps 15 before at EGLL, the program allows RTG=TO and flaps 15, but not any flaps 5 RTGs).

My main problem though is the statement that 342609 is greater than 354900.

Help please?

Cheers, Richard :razz:

Dear Richard,

indeed there was a bug with weight limitation. For some reason I have coded the limits for Boeing 737NG series instead of B777  :roll: . Please go ahead and download the update again, overwriting the previous download.

Let me know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Nik,

Downloaded and installed the v3.2.0 again at 0820z this morning (.exe dated 21/02/15 at 08:27:44). Still getting the same problem but with slightly different numbers!

Planning a flight EGLL-KLAX with PFPX gives TOW = 342,609 kgs. With current wind 330/4, INTX=0 on rwy 27R (12,743 feet), OAT = +7C, QNH 1002, flaps 5, A/C on, A/I off, I receive the message 

"Aircraft weight exceeds the limit for selected runway length. TOW>maxTOW=334,800"

Cheers, Richard

Hello Richard,

this time around actual planned TOW exceeds the maximum allowed TOW for the given conditions. If you use FLAP 15 setting, you can see that TO/GA power is required meaning you're already hitting the margin for this departure.
Sadly you will have to offload some people waiting on standby tickets  :cool: