The simFlight Network Forums
cachiozza

P3D Flight Plan Paths PMDG 777 (solved)

When selecting the path to save fights plan in for the PMDG 777, (C:\program files\lockeed martin\prepar3d v2\pmdg\flightplans\777) I get error the path is incorrect. I can save the plan to documents directory and move it to the 777 directory. Is there a work around for this? Chris

1. FS X, FS2004(FS9) or Prepar3D (Version)-P3D 2.5

2. FSUIPC* / WideFS version used-FSUIPC4 4.939
3. FS Commander and Database Manager version and build used-4.6

4. Which provider and period of the AIRAC Cycle-1405
5. Aerosoft boxed or download version or download version from our website-Download Aerosoft
6. Operating System (Windows 7/8 32/64, Vista32/64, XP, 2000)-Win8.1

Hi ???,

Are you sure that you've read this Announcment complete?

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/60271-important-everyone-please-read/

And where are the answers for these questions ???

3. FS Commander and Database Manager version and build used

4. Which provider and period of the AIRAC Cycle
5. Aerosoft boxed or download version or download version from our website

Volker

I am having the same issue.  I just installed P3D Pro 2.x (latest version as of this past Sunday) on a Window 7 x64 machine with FSC 9.6 downloaded and installed this Sunday as well.  I have the latest AIRAC (1502) from Navigraph and FSUIPC v 4.938.  I also installed the latest PMDG 777 for P3D this Sunday as well - no flying this weekend, just installing software.  FSC9 still tells me that the path is incorrect on line 2.  The flight plan is saved FSC9, but not for PMDG. 

I am trying to set line 2 to C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2.  I am wondering if the spaces in the path is causing problems (shouldn't these days) or if it is because there is a 777 subdirectory under C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS.

I'm also trying to set line 3 to C:\Users\DrStrangelove\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files and that may work once I get the line 2 problem solved.  I would appreciate any assistance you can give me.

Well at lease I know Im not the only one. I don't understand why the paths seem to always cause issues. I should be able to point it to whatever directory I want. What have a place in the program to do that if it is not going to work? Seems very straight forward to me. If I want to write it to c:\ I should be able to.

Thanks, Volker.  Works like a charm. Appreciate the work that you do.  With the Balkanization of the Flight Sim world - different versions of P3D, the new FSX Steam, X-Plane and others - I don't envy you and your counterparts trying to keep up with the changes.  Again, thanks for the work and the quick turnaround on a patch.

Hello Volker,

The above link seems to be dead in the meantime.

Any chance you could provide me with a new link?

Many thanks in advance.

Thibault Dosunmu