The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC v3.08

DaveM

Hi,

Yes, I have downloaded it several times from Peter's site and although the link says Version 3.08; the documentation and the DLL sys it is version 3.07.

I'll try from another PC, as I have cleared the buffer, history, and temp files several times from this PC with no success.

regards,

Dave

Yes, I have downloaded it several times from Peter's site and although the link says Version 3.08; the documentation and the DLL sys it is version 3.07.

I don't have a site, the Schiratti site is Enrico Schiratti's, not mine. I always recommend his site as it is the most complete and he is almost always first, but I actually distribute all my stuff to around 50 site owners and developers. Most ignore most of it, and some others merely use links to Enrico's page in any case.

In the past the usual reason for the problem you've been getting is the caching not on your system, but on your ISP. Apparently many ISP's cache files locally and supply from there. When the filename doesn't change they don't seem to spot that the cache needs replenishing. Their software should be checking the date/time stamps on files too. I don't know of any solution except (a) complaining to your ISP about their bad software, or (b) continue retrying till it gets sorted, or maybe © trying another ISP.

Regards,

Pete

Did you try CTRL+F5? I'm informed that this will force a reload of the cache at the ISP, thus absolutely 'properly' refreshing the page from the source. I only ever had this problem on my ISP with a web page once, but in that instance it was very useful!

Hey, that's a useful tip! I never knew that! Thanks. I'm sending a copy of your message to Enrico -- perhaps it would be a good idea for him to say this on the his "Dowson" page.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the tip but I tried it on my home PC and I still get FSUIPC v3.07. I did however get a copy of 3.08 from work, where we don't have to bother with and ISP. It worked first time BTW.

I'll have to see what my ISp hase to say about this, but I am not holding my breath. :(

Oh and BTW Peter, there is an option d) maybe change the filename to something like fsuipc_v3.xx.zip? :lol: Just teasing! This is how I save your files anyway just in case I have to roll back a version.

Thanks for all you suggestions

regards,

Dave

Vancouver.

Since I use your version 3.07 AND 3.08 , my Jetliner Flight Console does not

work anymore.

When I install the old (free) version 2.97, everything is running normal.

You reported on probs with 3.07 and PFC.dll in your forum (under

"announcement") and you mentioned, that this prob will be solved with

version 3.08.

This is NOT true !!

I am running with 3.08 now and still there is no chance to get PFC.dll

running.

I get the message, that FSUIPC-version is to old and PFC.dll cannot be

handled.

What to do ?

Georg Winkler

You reported on probs with 3.07 and PFC.dll in your forum (under

"announcement") and you mentioned, that this prob will be solved with

version 3.08. This is NOT true !!

It most certainly is true! You are not reading it correctly. That problem was only with the drop-down lists of controls in the settings dialogue. It was nothing to do with the operation of any of the facilities. The problem was that FSUIPC was getting the wrong address for the list of controls in CONTROLS.DLL, with FS2002 and before only, so that when PFC tried to show the list in its own dialogue it crashed FS.

There was never any problem with actual operation, only making or changing button assignments!

I get the message, that FSUIPC-version is to old and PFC.dll cannot be handled. When I install the old (free) version 2.97, everything is running normal.

You don't say what versions of PFC.DLL you are using with each. Do you change back to an old version of PFC.DLL when you do that too? Maybe you forgot, when returning to FSUIPC 3.xx to also re-install PFC version 1.62, the current and only supported version?

You cannot use an older (FSUIPC 2.xx) compatible version of PFC.DLL with FSUIPC 3.xx, nor vice versa. Please keep your modules up to date if you want them to work, and me to support them.

Please always check the "List of supported versions" on the Support Forum.

Thanks.

Pete